Handheld Raman spectrometers have fundamentally changed how the pharmaceutical industry performs incoming raw material identification testing. The Thermo Scientific™ TruScan™ RM Handheld Raman Analyzer continues to push the trend that it started with a new set of capabilities to improve quality testing initiatives for biopharmaceutical manufacturers.
A quality specialist from a Johnson & Johnson company will also share his experience with the use of Thermo Scientific™ TruTools™ for the quantification of APIs in their syrup products.
- What TruScan RM Handheld Raman Analyzer is and how it supports continuous improvement for biopharma manufacturers
- Applications using TruTools chemometric software to identify classically difficult materials and cell culture media
- How to leverage TruTools to create quality testing algorithms for at-line PAT checks and perform protein product identification
Who should attend
- Quality Control Professionals
- Process Analytics Professionals
- Quality Assurance Professionals
Dean Stuart is a Product Manager for Thermo Fisher Scientific. He is passionate about the advancement of scientific instrumentation and the adoption of new and emerging technologies for the life sciences.
Throughout his career, Dean has shown a special interest in sustainable quality improvements for the pharmaceutical industry. His prior roles include a quality control scientist and an analytical methods developer.
Dean currently specializes in the development of Process Raman, Handheld Raman, Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR), and X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) technologies.
Mr. Navarrete joined J&J in 2017 and has been leading the implementation of Raman spectroscopy in the EMEA region for the company since 2018.
As a Quality Specialist, he develops new analytical methods for his site and provides expertise to other J&J companies to identify the best product candidates for the application of this technique. Before joining J&J, he was an applications specialist in the medical diagnostics industry, where he developed multiple automated immunoassays for clients from all over the world.
Mr. Navarrete holds a Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Science and a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from the Universidad Compluense de Madrid.