The Scoring Balloon Catheter NSE Alpha is designed for precise dilatation across a wide range of lesion types. NSE Alpha has three scoring elements for a controlled scoring of the vessel wall and aimed to reduce slippage during inflation.
Non Slip Elements with a triangular cross section
- The three scoring elements with a triangular cross section are embedded in the balloon folds to enable a small crossing profile
- The change of balloon position (slippage) during inflation can be excluded because of the scoring elements
- The scoring elements are only attached at the proximal and distal balloon ends. Therefore, a high flexibility can be guaranteed. The high flexibility combined with a low balloon profile results in a superior trackability, even in tortuous anatomies and difficult to reach lesions.
Effective slippage elimination during inflation
- The triangular cross section of the scoring elements provides a higher and more focused transmission of pressure into the vessel wall which is responsible for a reduction of balloon slippage during inflation
Scoring balloon performance
- The scoring elements score the plaque circumferentially by maintaining the elasticity of the vessel wall without negative side effects
- NSE Alpha offers scoring balloon performance in calcified lesions
NSE Alpha is part of our complementary product portfolio for a polymer-free angioplasty. The concept offers last generation device solutions for an indication driven treatment of complex vascular stenosis. The absence of a polymer as drug carrier facilitates fast endothelialization and avoids inflammatory foreign body reactions.