The interventional approach to treat peripheral artery occlusive disease (PAOD) as a treatment of choice is gaining continuous acceptance. SeQuent® Please OTW offers a targeted, polymer-free and homogenous drug delivery which was enhanced for larger balloons sizes. This innovative product is the result of our sustained research and development for significant improvements in peripheral and coronary balloon angioplasty.
B. Braun has more than 10 years experience and leadership in drug coated balloon angioplasty and developed an outstanding coating technology for the use in peripheral arteries. With our continued research and product development in interventional drug delivery we achieved a new milestone in interventional radiology.
Product features and benefits:
- Single shot, short-term Paclitaxel delivery for long-term vessel patency
- Targeted drug delivery into the vascular wall
- Homogeneous and complete polymer-free drug release
- No need for stent-in-stent procedures in case of in-stent restenosis
- Unlimited treatment options when re-interventions are necessary
- Novel paclitaxel B. Braun Matrix coating
- Low profile tip and balloon design for reduced friction and advanced crossing performance
- Excellent pushability
- Homogeneous drug delivery
- Effectively inhibiting neointimal proliferation
Several randomised trials (Thunder, Fempac, Pacifier) have demonstrated safety and efficacy of Paclitaxel coated balloons in peripheral arteries.