Biological samples commonly contain proteins that interfere with downstream applications. The P3 plate uses the CRASH method, in which the protein is denatured with acetronitrile and the flocculant filtered out, allowing 96 samples to be handled at one time.
The Protein Precipitation Plate, P3, is based on the industry standard MicroLute™ format, but without the chromatographic sorbent. Protein ‘crashes’ out of solution and precipitates directly in each well when acetonitrile is added, thus solving all common problems associated with the CRASH technique of protein clean-up.
The novel dual frit, hydrophobically treated matrix means that there is no ‘wetting out’ and leakage of the sample through the plate before the application of vacuum. P3 is now commonly used as the protein precipitation plate of choice in many major pharmaceutical companies.
Optional drain cap and top cap mats are available for those wishing to use vortex sample mixing.
- Dual frit design
- Pre-filter frit at 100μm traps large flocculant particles
- Secondary frit traps fine protein particles at <10μm
- Frits are Hydrophobic/Oleophobic. This retains sample/acetonitrile in the well to allow precipitation of proteins until vacuum is applied.
- Pore size optimised to allow ideal flow rate
- Inert filter material to ensure no adsorption of sample components
- Frit structure prevents break through of protein particles
- Industry standard MicroLute™ format enables easy automation
- Specially selected polypropylene for low extractables