Porvair evaporators are designed to remove the traditional laboratory ‘bottleneck’ of solvent evaporation from microplates prior to analysis or reconstitution in storage buffer. These evaporators give significant throughput advantages to laboratories looking to optimise microplate sample preparation productivity. Faster than centrifugal evaporation, significant increases in sample throughput are achieved through advanced evaporator head technology and an innovative manifold design, which directly injects heated nitrogen into each individual well of the microplate simultaneously. The evaporators have been designed to be simple to install, operate and maintain. Installation requires only connection to a gas supply or cylinder and mains electricity. Safety of operation is ensured as the CE marked compact units fit into all fume cupboards. Not suitable for high boiling solvents such as DMSO and water. Both MiniVap and UltraVap may be operated with a supply of clean, dry compressed air in place of nitrogen, if the chemistry allows. An in-line gas filter must be used in this case.
The MiniVap is purpose designed for low usage research and development departments where low numbers of individual plates or vials need drying. The MiniVap is simple to operate and maintain. Installation requires only connection to a gas supply and standard mains socket. With manual control of the needle depth, gas temperature and flow rate, it allows fine control and quicker drying times than other standard methods.
- Quicker dry down times than standard methods such as vacuum oven
- Tests have shown that the MiniVap can evaporate 500μl of methanol in less than 6 minutes
- Designed for any ANSI/SBS 96 well plate
- 24 vial head now available
- Simple to install and operate
- Easy adjustments of temperature, gas flow rates and needle depth into the wells
- Compact footprint – fits all standard fume cupboards