... in response to What is the Urethra?
  1. Angela Hamon Angela Hamon United States says:

    When something is wrong with the urethra, or the nerves that cause it to work, an indwelling (permanent) cathete, also called suprapubic catheter,  can be inserted into the human body.  A common type is called the Foley. It can be difficult to prevent UTI once this is done, but it provides a way for urine to leave the body.  See here: calder.med.miami.edu/pointis/indwelling.html

The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of News Medical.
Post a new comment