The Maxwell® FSC Instrument, along with DNA IQ™ chemistry, offers easy-to-use, consistent, automated nucleic acid extraction from casework samples such as blood stains, semen stains, hairs, cigarette butts, tissues and trace DNA samples. Automated DNA extraction saves laboratories time and labor costs and frees staff to work on casework analysis.
Benchtop Instrument for Automated DNA Extraction from Casework Samples
- High-quality DNA extraction with minimal hands-on time
- Bar code reader for simplified data entry
- Intuitive software and touch screen interface
No Clogging Worries with a Paramagnetic Particle Mover
The Maxwell® FSC is a magnetic particle mover, not a liquid handler. It delivers minimal risk of cross-contamination because no liquid handling or splashing happens during processing of samples. The cartridges come prefilled with reagents and paramagnetic particles, ready for your samples.
Streamlined Laboratory Workflow
The Maxwell® FSC Instrument automates DNA extraction, saving the laboratory time and labor costs while freeing up staff to work on casework analysis.
Track Samples Easily
The integrated barcode reader records important information such as sample ID, kit ID and kit lot number.
Easy to Use
The intuitive touch-screen interface and preprogrammed protocol lets you easily set up your purification run.
Reduce Processing Time
The prefilled reagent cartridges are ready to use. Simply add your sample, place the cartridges in the Maxwell® FSC and press "Start".
- Processing Time: 30 minutes
- Number of Samples: Up to 16
- Weight: 24.2 lb (11 kg)
- Dimensions: 13 W × 13.6 D × 11.8 H inches (330.2 × 345.2 × 299.7 mm)
- Power Requirements: 100–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.5 A
- Fuse: 250 VAC, 2.5 A, low breaking capacity, time-lag fuse (AC 250 V, T2.5 AL, 5 × 20 mm)
- UV Bulb: Average lifetime approximately 6,000 hours, length 135.9 mm, diameter 16 mm, 4 W, 0.17 A current, 29 V, spectral peak F 253.7, UV output 0.9 W