The Maxwell® RSC PureFood GMO and Authentication Kit provides an easy and automated method for efficient purification of DNA used in PCR-based testing for Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) DNA sequences and PCR based food and ingredient authentication. The Kit can purify DNA from raw and processed food samples including corn, soybeans, canola, ground pork and ground beef.
The Kit is used with the Maxwell® RSC Instrument, which is supplied with preprogrammed purification methods and uses predispensed reagent cartridges to maximize simplicity and convenience. The instrument can purify DNA from 1 to 16 samples in one run.
Easy Purification Workflow
Purify your DNA in five easy steps. The protocol requires only 30 minutes hands-on time. It has fewer processing steps than the competitor and doesn't require any chloroform.
Consistently Purify DNA from Raw and Processed Food Samples
The PureFood GMO and Authentication Kit can be used successfully with either raw or processed food samples. Below we present data for DNA extractions from raw ground pork, raw ground beef, chocolate and rice cakes.
DNA Extracted with the PureFood Kit Is Ready for Downstream Analysis
DNA extracted using the PureFood Kit can be used directly in a variety of downstream applications such as real-time PCR, gel electrophoresis, microarrays, and sequencing (e.g., NGS and Sanger).
- Use an optimized system to extract DNA from many food samples.
- Experience less variability compared to traditional and competing extraction and purification methods.
- Achieve faster results with walk-away automation and free up laboratory resources for higher value activities.
- Avoid organic extractions and perform minimal hands-on steps to quickly purify DNA from up to 16 samples in less than 60 minutes.
DNA extracted using the PureFood Kit is ready for:
- Real-time PCR
- Gel electrophoresis
- Next-Generation and Sanger Sequencing