Thommen Medical USA announces the launch of its customizable gingiva former.
- Achieve a natural and aesthetic gingiva contour with the formation of intact papillae
- Particularly efficient at the time of uncovery or directly after implant placement with the possibility of a non-functional immediate restoration to create a natural emergence profile during tissue healing
- Design a customized abutment for individual requirements using grinders and add-on materials e.g. acrylic and composites
Features and benefits
A naturally shaped gingival contour is essential to ensure an aesthetically pleasing smile. The customizable gingival former is ideally suited for the conditioning of healthy soft tissue. It can be placed immediately after implantation or at the time of re-exposure for insertion of a short-term temporary restoration bearing no load. The gingival former can be conveniently modified chair side or in the laboratory. Due to the prefabricated anatomical design, the emergence profile of the tissue is optimally shaped during the healing phase. The customizable gingiva former is made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) which allows for simple removal and addition of plastic material. The chemical bond formed with PMMA-based plastic materials eliminates the need for mechanical retention. The titanium base ensures a stable, precise connection with the implant.
Indication / Contraindication
Customizable gingival formers have a hexagon connection and are designed for use with individual teeth only. Since axial divergences cannot be bridged, the customizable gingival former must not be used in conjunction with other abutments.
There are various options available for the use of the customizable gingival former:
- as a gingival former, shortened to gingival level
- as a directly veneered screw-retained single tooth temporary restoration
- as a provisional abutment for the fabrication of a cement-retained single tooth temporary restoration