In light of Prostate Cancer Awareness month, integrative medicine pioneer and cancer expert Dr. Isaac Eliaz announces breakthrough research and essential recommendations for the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer. As a well known specialist in the field of integrative prostate cancer therapy, Dr. Eliaz strategically combines ancient and modern healing modalities into a holistic practice of medicine by successfully incorporating the most effective and well researched therapies available in conventional and complementary medicine. The actions an empowered patient takes outside of the hospital room are just as crucial as the treatment he receives within.
Diet and lifestyle help reduce the risks of prostate cancer, as well as in helping to slow the disease progression. One of the key strategies is to reduce inflammation in the body, which is a major precursor to cancer.
- Ensure that your diet is based mostly on unprocessed, organic whole foods that are free of inflammation-inducing additives such as excess salt, sugars and trans-fats.
- Eliminate red meats, which have been linked to prostate cancer.
- Eat fish that is high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as wild salmon for example, as omega-3s have been shown to be beneficial for prostate cancer patients.
- Maintain high levels of Vitamin D-3.
- Increase your intake of cruciferous vegetables, such as cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower, which have potent anticancer and anti-inflammation properties.
- Healthy sleep patterns and stress relief measures such as regular exercise, yoga, and meditation, will help fight prostate cancer by reducing stress, increasing oxygenation and circulation, and increasing immunity.
- Finally, there are a number of dietary nutrients and supplements that have been scientifically researched and proven effective against prostate cancer.
Columbia University recently published important research on a multi-nutrient prostate support formula, developed by Dr. Isaac Eliaz using the synergistic principals of integrative medicine. Scientists analyzed the effects of this compound on prostate cancer cells, and found that the formula stopped abnormal cell growth and induced apoptosis (programmed cell death) in both hormone-sensitive and resistant prostate cancer cell lines, in very low concentrations.
This powerful cancer fighting supplement contains 33 ingredients that are scientifically substantiated for supporting prostate health, including DIM, pygeum bark extract, saw palmetto, Vitamin D-3, green tea, bio-enhanced turmeric root (curcumin), stinging nettle, among others. Lead researcher in the study, and renowned integrative urologist Dr. Aaron Katz explains, "The potency is likely due to the synergistic effects of the multiple ingredients."
Researchers at Columbia University also analyzed the anti prostate cancer effects of another natural compound, modified citrus pectin (MCP), in prostate cells lines from humans and mice. The results show that MCP inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) in both androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells. Dr. Jun Yan, lead author, explains, "Our findings clearly demonstrate that MCP possesses anti-prostate cancer properties in both androgen-dependent (hormonal sensitive) and androgen-independent (hormonal resistant) prostate cancer cells. These results strongly suggest that MCP can be a promising chemopreventive and therapeutic agent against this malignancy."
Even further anti-cancer results were found with another important new study, conducted by researchers at the Cancer Research Laboratory at the Methodist Research Institute, IN, and Indiana University Cancer Center. They analyzed the synergistic effects of MCP and Dr. Eliaz's multinutrient prostate support formula, with extremely positive results. The findings suggest that the combination of the two markedly further enhanced inhibition of invasive behavior of prostate cancer cells. Dr. Eliaz states "This research indeed demonstrates the strong synergistic effect of a multifaceted approach to prostate cancer treatment."
Based on the principals of integrative medicine, Dr. Isaac Eliaz recommends a multi-dimensional treatment plan to fight and prevent prostate cancer from all angles. He states, "The integrative and synergistic effects shown here present a unique approach to cancer treatment because they draw from multiple medical systems, and strategically combine ancient wisdom, modern science, and extensive clinical experience."
SOURCE Better Health Publishing