Chattem Inc., the U.S. consumer healthcare division of Sanofi, announced today that its ACT® Advanced Care™ Mouthwash has been named 2016 Product of the Year, the world's largest consumer-voted award for product innovation. ACT Advanced Care received top honors in the Oral Care category of the 40,000-consumer national representative survey conducted by TNS, a global leader in consumer research.
"We are honored to be named one of the most innovative products of the year for 2016," said Liz Roques, Brand Manager, ACT, Chattem. "ACT Advanced Care is one of our most innovative products that offers consumers an advanced mouthwash delivering effective plaque protection with a great taste."
ACT Advanced Care Mouthwash helps prevent plaque and gingivitis and kills 99% of bacteria. Plaque is a sticky film containing bacteria that covers the teeth and can contribute to tooth decay and gum disease. Available in Clean Mint and Frosted Mint, the great tasting formulas go beyond just freshening breath to killing the germs that lead to plaque, the #1 problem seen by dentists and hygienists.* When used daily, ACT Advanced Care provides a whole mouth clean and fresh breath.
Tips to keep plaque away include:
- Brush teeth twice daily with a soft toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean between teeth by flossing daily.
- Use an antiseptic mouth rinse to help prevent plaque buildup.
- Avoid eating sticky, sugary foods that cling to the teeth. If the sugar is not removed from the teeth shortly after eating it, plaque can form, which can cause tooth decay and cavities.
- See a dentist on a regular basis, usually twice a year.