Frontiers in Clinical Drug Research - Dementia is a book series which presents comprehensive reviews about research on Dementia, a term which references the loss of brain function associated with Alzheimer's disease and other related medical conditions. The disease affects the parts of the brain that deal with memory, thought, and language. Chapters in each volume focus on drug research with special emphasis on clinical trials, research on drugs in advanced stages of disease development and the cure for dementia and related disorders.
The first volume includes the following reviews:
- Meeting the Challenges of Falls and Hip Fractures in People with Alzheimer's Disease
- Cholesterol in Brain Health and Pathologies
- Advances in the Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Dementia
- Analytical Methods in Alzheimer's Disease Drug Discovery
- Targeting Alzheimer's Disease through Nanomedicine
- Current Challenges in Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Metals Linked to Alzheimer's Disease
This book can serve as a reference for neurologists, medical specialists (neurophysicians, psychiatrists), pharmacologists, pharmacists, researchers and postgraduate students in nanomedicine.