The ElectroForce® planar biaxial TestBench instrument was developed for the characterization of soft tissues and biomaterials. The instrument consists of four linear motors mounted on a horizontal baseplate and two load cells, one for each axis of loading. A heated saline bath can be added to the baseplate to provide a physiological environment, and a digital video extensometer is available for strain measurements.
- Four linear motors that can be independently controlled or synchronized
- Characterization of tissues and biomaterials
- Development of tissue replacements
- Natural and prosthetic skin
- Physiological, surgical, and medical device applications
- Heart valves and blood vessels