Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap XL hybrid FTMS (Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometer) supports a wide range of applications from routine compound identification to the most challenging analysis of low level components in complex mixtures.
The LTQ Orbitrap XL is based on the fast and highly sensitive Thermo Scientific LTQ XL linear ion trap and the proprietary Orbitrap technology.
The LTQ Orbitrap XL features a new HCD collision cell for ultimate flexibility in fragmentation experiments for advanced proteomics and small molecule research.
- Combines complementary fragmentation techniques — CID, HCD, and ETD — with the high mass resolution and mass accuracy of Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap™ technology to provide a comprehensive proteomics solution
- Multiple activation types and Data Dependent Decision Tree capabilities produce high-confidence peptide identifications
- Parallel acquisition capabilities enable high-throughput sequencing
- High-resolution accurate-mass (HR/AM) capabilities ensure identification of unexpected PTMs
- Quantifies over a wide dynamic range, including low-abundance peptides
- Compatibility with Thermo Scientific application-specific software turns data into useful information
Life According to Orbitrap Mass Spec - Is Bigger Better?