High-Quality Nucleic Acids with Less Hands-On Time
The Maxwell® RSC Instrument is a compact, automated nucleic acid purification platform that processes up to 16 samples simultaneously.
Using prefilled cartridges and preprogrammed methods, the Maxwell® RSC offers consistent, reliable purification in 25–60 minutes, depending upon sample type. The intuitive graphical interface makes the instrument easy to use, and the integrated Quantus™ Fluorometer lets you collect purification and quantification data in one report.
Automated Nucleic Acid Purification with Integrated Quantitation
- High-quality nucleic acid purification with minimal steps and less hands-on time
- Integrated Quantus™ Fluorometer for sample quantitation
- Intuitive software and touch screen interface
No Clogging Worries with a Paramagnetic Particle Mover
The Maxwell® RSC System starts with cartridges prefilled with reagents and paramagnetic particles, ready for your samples. After sample addition, the Maxwell® RSC moves the paramagnetic particles and associated nucleic acids through multiple steps ultimately yielding highly pure RNA or DNA in 30–100 µl.
Because the Maxwell® RSC is a magnetic particle mover, not a liquid handler, it offers advantages over other automated systems. There is minimal risk of cross-contamination because no liquid handling or splashing happens during sample processing. With no clogs and fewer breakdowns, there are fewer disruptions to your workflow.
Easy-to-Use Interface Simplifies Your Workflow
Touch the Screen to Start the Process
The intuitive touch screen interface lets you easily set up your purification run. And the advanced administrator functions let you control required sample information and report archiving options.
Prepare the Sample Cartridges
Place prepared cartridges in the Maxwell® RSC. Press “Start” to purify 1–16 samples using the selected kit’s preprogrammed method. New kit methods are easy to install to expand your instrument capabilities.
Quantitate Your Purified Sample
Complete your purification workflow with highly sensitive and specific fluorescence-based nucleic acid quantitation using the Quantus™ Fluorometer with a simple add-and-read format. and receive all your sample data in one report. Easily archive your run reports and export the data for your lab notebook.
- Processing Time: 30–60 minutes
- Number of Samples: Up to 16
- Weight: 24.2 lb (11 kg)
- Dimensions: 13 W × 13.6 D × 11.8 H inches (330.2 × 345.2 × 299.7 mm)
- Power Requirements: 100–240 VAC,50/60 Hz, 2.5 A
- Fuse: 250 VAC, 2.5 A, low breaking capacity, time-lag fuse (AC 250 V, T2.5 AL, 5 × 20 mm)
- UV Bulb: Average lifetime approximately 6,000 hours, length 135.9mm, diameter 16mm, 4 W, 0.17 A current, 29 V, spectral peak F 253.7, UV output 0.9 W