The Blood-Brain Barrier Drug Delivery Summit, or B3DD, will be held in Boston, MA, from August 13-15, 2019. This new Hanson Wade event is aimed at experts looking to deliver CNS drug candidates safely and successfully across the blood-brain barrier (BBB). It will enable them to understand the biology of the BBB, explore the latest technology innovations and develop more predictive preclinical models.
An industry-focused meeting
B3DD is the industry’s first meeting dedicated to targeting the blood-brain barrier in order to develop clinically efficacious therapeutics.
To achieve this, the agenda will allow delegates to learn how to:
- Explore the preclinical models available to assess their predictability and prevent clinical failure
- Discuss the success of different CNS drug delivery approaches and evaluate toxicity in preclinical research to de-risk clinical trials
- Assess methods for quantifying drug target exposure to improve technology and establish more accurate strategies
- Evaluate the different technologies in development for CNS delivery to identify success
- Determine effective and safe dosages for effective treatment and maintained target exposure
A meeting point for experts
This event will gather 70+ world-class experts from AbbVie, Lundbeck, Biogen, Pizer, and ArmaGen, making it a unique opportunity to network with the experts of the industry. The high concentration of scientists who face similar challenges makes B3DD so essential to the development of the field.
The scientific community will gather to discuss the translational challenges hindering drug developers working on different drug delivery approaches, and explore new approaches such as gene therapy, to identify potential clinical success.
The event is comprised of a full day of Workshops on August 13, followed by a two-day conference. For any additional information, please contact [email protected] or download the full event guide.