Prolonged manual pipetting is time consuming and can lead to repetitive strain injuries but are still used routinely to increase throughput in laboratories. Furthermore, ever-decreasing sample sizes have made pipetting correctly and accurately increasingly difficult.
The ASSIST PLUS is INTEGRA’s latest innovation. It is a pipetting robot that streamlines routine pipetting tasks at an affordable price. This means that automation is within reach of virtually every lab. Repetitive manual pipetting tasks are eliminated by reproducible and error-free processing.
Simplify Your Liquid Handling Tasks
The ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot can help whether you are setting up assay plates, performing serial dilutions or reformatting samples.
- Serial dilutions – Performing serial dilutions by hand needs good pipetting skills and focus. ASSIST PLUS ensures that your serial dilutions are error-free and reproducible. Tips can be exchanged after every transfer and this minimizes carryover of compounds clinging to the tip surface.
- Reformatting – ASSIST PLUS makes tedious and potentially error-prone reformatting tasks easy. Clicking in the VOYAGER pipette allows you to take advantage of the on-the-fly adjustment of tip spacing which allows multi channel reformatting. For example, from tubes to plates up to 12 times more quickly than using a single channel pipette.
- Plate filling and reagent addition – Typically, setting up assay plates requires the addition of multiple samples and media or buffers. The ASSIST PLUS has a flexible deck layout which accommodates reservoirs, plates and tubes and facilitates multi-step transfers to the assay plate.
Enjoy Unmatched Ergonomics and Excellent Results
ASSIST PLUS’ automated pipetting processes ensures constant pipetting angles, accurate well targeting and consistent tip immersion depths. It eliminates human errors, for example air aspiration or skipping rows and also variability between operators. This leads to increased workflow consistency, enhanced process control and ultimately better pipetting results.
Regardless of how lightweight and well-balanced the pipette is, prolonged pipetting tasks result in physical strain for the operator. ASSIST PLUS allows you to automate these tasks and helps to prevent repetitive strain injuries and relieves you the burden of pipetting.
ASSIST PLUS Automated Multichannel Pipetting Offers
- Consistent pipetting angle
- Precise tip positioning in wells
- Strict adherence to pipetting programs
- Controlled pipetting speeds
- Optimal tip immersion depths
- Controlled pipetting speeds
Make Programming Easy
Basic pipetting patterns are required for many applications for example performing serial dilutions or filling a plate. The intuitive touch wheel interface can be used to program these patterns directly on the pipette. A predefined program can be chosen and then adapted to your requirements.
VIALAB software allows you to create protocols for more complex pipetting. It has a simple and intuitive graphical user interface which allows the creation of protocols with a few clicks, even without extensive programming knowledge. VIALINK offers advanced users the freedom of creating pipetting problems step by step. VIALAB/VIALINK programs can be easily transferred via the communication stand to the pipette.
Discover the Unbeatable Value of ASSIST PLUS
For many laboratories, a pipetting robot is a considerable investment. At an affordable price, the ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot offers exceptional flexibility without the requirement for complicated programming or dedicated personnel. The unique design will never become obsolete because you can swap to a different INTEGRA pipette to access new applications and use the same pipettes for manual pipetting.
A wide range of electronic multichannel pipettes are available from INTEGRA – from four to sixteen channels. This enables precise and accurate transfers of liquids from 0.5 to 1230 μl. Therefore, you can always select the optimal volume range for your application. The VOYAGER pipette allows for adjustable tip spacing for sample reformatting – for example from tubes to plates – and also for access to various changes in labware.
Take Advantage of Broad Labware Compatibility
The ASSIST PLUS is compatible with various types of labware from tube to 382-well plates in both landscape and portrait orientations. Further adapters are due in the future. It can be used with INTEGRA’s multi channel reservoirs which are available in 10, 25 and 100 ml sizes which all offer exceptionally low dead volumes, or with the larger reservoirs which are automation-friendly.
The ASSIST PLUS can be used with:
- 15 ml centrifuge tubes – the ASSIST PLUS is also able to access* 15 ml centrifuge tubes (*the pipette tips will not reach the very bottom of the tubes)
- 10, 25, 100. 150 and 300 ml reagent reservoirs, designed for minimal dead volumes
- 0.5, 1.5 and 2.0 ml microcentrifuge tubes – hold up to 48 tubes on removable carriers for easy loading and storage
- 0.2 ml PCR tubes and 96-/384-well PCR plates – the aluminum cooling rack serves as a holder for 0.2 ml PCR tubes and keeps reagents chilled
ASSIST PLUS - Free yourself from routine pipetting
INTEGRA provides innovative solutions for Liquid Handling and Media Preparation applications which serve the needs of their customers in research, diagnostics and quality control laboratories.
Their instruments and plastic consumables are developed and manufactured in Zizers, Switzerland and Hudson, NH USA. In order to remain close to their customers, they maintain a direct sales and support organization in North America, the UK, France and Germany, as well as a network of over 100 highly trained distribution partners worldwide.
In recent years they have focused on developing a new and technologically advanced range of handheld electronic pipettes which are simple to use and meet the ergonomic needs of their customers.
Today they are proud to offer the widest range of electronic pipettes in the market spanning a range from single channel pipettes up to 384 channel bench-top instruments.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and iform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.