The Stanbio Chemistry LiquiColor® Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (B-HB) reagent is used to detect ketones to identify patients suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis, amongst many other clinical applications.
B-HB is the most predominate ketone present during DKA and trends with a patient’s clinical status. Since the BHB assay is quantitative it can be used for monitoring ketosis to resolution, making it the superior ketone test.
Our B-HB reagent is used by over 1,100 hospitals in the USA and can be run on an open channel of a laboratory analyzer.
In addition, B-HB can be used to clinically diagnose and monitor the disease status or severity of alcoholism, glycogen storage disease, high fat/low carbohydrate diets, pregnancy, alkalosis, ingestion of isopropyl alcohol, and salicylate poisoning.
- Quantifiable results tracked in an LIS system
- Earlier detection of clinically significant ketosis
- Improves ER and CDU throughput
- Enzymatic reaction
- Low cost-per-test
- High sensitivity and precision
- Automated analyzer application available
- Uses serum or plasma
- Controls and linearity standards available
- 24-month shelf life from date of manufacture