Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NASDAQ: TEVA) today announced that several new studies supporting the company's innovative central nervous system (CNS) portfolio will be presented at the 62nd American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting in Toronto, April 10-17, 2010.
Featured presentations highlight:
- Pre-clinical data surrounding the unique mechanism of action (MOA) of Copaxone® (glatiramer acetate injection), further demonstrating how the product works with the immune system. Additional data underscoring the benefit-risk profile of Copaxone®, the global market-leading relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) treatment, in both treatment-naive and pre-treated patients.
- An analysis of placebo patients from the ADAGIO study of Azilect® (rasagiline tablets) in Parkinson's disease (PD), providing information on the natural progression of clinical symptoms of the disease in its early stages. The subgroup analyses provide further insight into the larger effect size seen for rasagiline in ADAGIO patients with greater severity of disease at baseline.
- Pre-clinical and early animal model data demonstrating the immunomodulatory and potential neuroprotective properties of Teva's investigational, once-daily, oral laquinimod. These data provide further insight into the novel MOA of laquinimod, which is currently being investigated for the treatment of RRMS in two global Phase III clinical trials.
- The innovative study design of the OCTAGON (Optical Coherence Tomography Assessment of Glatiramer acetate On retinal Nerve fiber layer) trial exploring the use of glatiramer acetate in the early treatment of Acute Optic Neuritis
- Results demonstrating the potential role and impact of Neutralizing Antibody (NAb) Testing on multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment decisions
Platform Presentations/Poster Sessions
- [P04.223] Glatiramer Acetate-Reactive T Lymphocytes Regulate Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Number In Vitro (Poster Session IV: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Drug Mechanisms I, April 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Yueting Zhang, Farzaneh Jalili, Nadia Oumara, Andleeb Zameer, Gregory Cosentino, Liat Hayardeny, Jack Antel, Amit Bar-Or, Gareth John
- [PD5.003] Glatiramer Acetate Immunomodulates Pro-Inflammatory B Cell Function in Central Nervous System Autoimmune Disease (Poster Discussion Session V: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Drug Mechanisms, April 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM) Deetje Hertzenberg, Martina Betz, Klaus Lehmann-Horn, Scott Zamvil, Patrice Lalive D'Epinay, Bernhard Hemmer, Martin Weber
- [P06.138] Short-Term Immunosuppression with Mitoxantrone Followed by Long-Term Glatiramer Acetate vs Glatiramer Acetate Alone: Results at 60 Months in Patients with Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis (Poster Session VI: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Clinical Trials, April 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Timothy Vollmer, Amit Bar-Or, Denise Campagnolo, Hillel Panitch, Douglas Arnold
- [P06.162] Characteristics of Switching from Interferon beta to Glatiramer Acetate in Non Respondent Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (Poster Session VI: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Clinical Trials, April 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Celia Oreja-Guevara, Pedro Bermejo-Velasco, Ambrosio Miralles, Exuperio Diez-Tejedor
- [P06.178] Immunological Response to Glatiramer Acetate in MS Patients after Different Pretreatments The CopImmunoNet Study (Poster Session VI: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Clinical Trials and Clinical Research, April 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Nina Kleiner, Tjalf Ziemssen
Azilect® (rasagiline tablets)
- [PD4.002] The Natural Progression of Clinical Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease May Not Be Faster in the Earlier Stages: Results from the ADAGIO Delayed-Start Study (Poster Discussion Session IV: Movement Disorders: Parkinson's Disease: Treatment, April 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Olivier Rascol
- [PD5.004] Laquinimod Induces Up-Regulation of BDNF in Serum of Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (Poster Discussion Session V: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: Drug Mechanisms, April 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM) Jan Thöne, Silvia Seubert, Rebecca Conrad, Giancarlo Comi, Stefan Wiese, Liat Hayardeny, Ralf Gold, Ralf Linker
- [S41.005] Effect of Laquinimod on Monocyte Subsets (Scientific Sessions: Multiple Sclerosis: Clinical Immunology, April 15, 2010 at 2:15 PM) Tal Birnberg, Steffen Jung
- [P06.208] Axonal Protection Effect of Laquinimod Appears Partially Independent of Its Inhibitory Effect on Inflammation and Demyelination in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis (Poster Session VI: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Diseases: EAE/Drugs, April 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Christiane Wegner, Christine Stadelmann, Emanuel Raymond, Bracha Timan, Liat Hayardeny, Wolfgang Brück
- [P04.274] Optical Coherence Tomography as Measure of the Effects of Glatiramer Acetate on Axonal Loss in Patients with Acute Optic Neuritis (AON) (Poster Session IV: Neuro-Ophthalmology/Neuro-Otology, April 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM) Mark Kupersmith, Peter Calabresi, Gary Cutter, Robert Sergott, Ron Neumann
Neutralizing Antibody (NAb) Testing
- [S30.006] The Effect of Neutralizing Antibody Testing on Treatment Patterns Versus Usual Care in Interferon Treated Multiple Sclerosis Patients (Scientific Sessions: Multiple Sclerosis: Genetics and Human Immunopathogenesis, April 14, 2010 at 3:15 PM) Barbara Green, Edward Fox, Andrew Goodman, Clyde Markowitz, Ronald Murray
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.