American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH), a leading national health and wellness organization, announced that it was named the fourth healthiest large-group business in San Diego county in the first annual "San Diego's Healthiest Employers Awards," produced by the San Diego Business Journal. Certificates were presented to 50 finalists, and only the top five companies in small, medium, and large categories were named as honorees. The event, held March 16 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, recognized local employers that have developed comprehensive workplace wellness programs and make wellness a priority for their employees.
The Healthiest Employers nomination process was independent and very rigorous. The nomination form included 136 questions that focused on the six key competencies of successful corporate wellness programs, including:
- Corporate Culture and Leadership Commitment
- Wellness Infrastructure
- Strategic Planning
- Communication and Education
- Programming and Interventions
- Data Management and Evaluation
ASH has a long-standing record of engaging employees in the same health and wellness programs that it sells to health plan, insurance carrier, employer group, and trust fund clients nationwide. Through its subsidiary Healthyroads, ASH provides employees with access to award-winning telephone-based personal health coaching programs, incentive management programs, competitive challenges, worksite wellness programs, an integrated online health improvement portal at Healthyroads.com, and more.
In addition, ASH's culture revolves around health and includes:
- Massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, and other unique health benefits
- Vending machines and an onsite store stocked with 100 percent healthy foods—no junk food offered to employees
- An onsite workout room, showers, and locker rooms, plus discounts to local gym memberships
- Incentives program -- employees can receive up to $400 a year ($100 per quarter) for reaching specific physical activity goals using a wireless accelerometer or a Polar heart rate monitor
- Annual Get Healthy! Award for one employee who has significantly improved his or her health habits
- Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives for participants
- Sports sponsorships
- Onsite health education classes
- Run/walk clubs and tai chi club
- Wellness committee
ASH has been named among the 100 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" by Modern Healthcare magazine, one of America's 15 Fittest Companies by Men's Fitness magazine, a National Business Group on Health Gold "Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles" award winner, and a California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness Fit Company. More locally, ASH has been named one of San Diego's best places to work by the San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Magazine.
SOURCE American Specialty Health Incorporated