Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today exhibited for the first time in Europe the Waters((R)) SYNAPT(TM) G2 a system offering scientists greater power, versatility and speed at the 18(th) International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC). Rounding out its display of mass spectrometry (MS) and UltraPerformance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC((R)))/MS systems at IMSC will be Waters Xevo(TM) family of tandem quadrupole and time-of-flight mass spectrometers noted for their ease-of-use and versatility.
"Advancements in mass spectrometry are expanding the boundaries of scientific research," said Brian Smith, Vice President of Mass Spectrometry Business Operations for Waters Division. "Research-grade MS instruments are providing the power and sensitivity researchers need to better understand diseases and devise new therapeutics. At the same time, MS instruments are being used by more scientists than ever for more routine but equally important analyses, such as for pharmaceutical QC and food safety applications. Regardless of the complexity of the application, Waters MS systems provide robust, accurate, high-quality information quickly and easily, so scientists can focus on analytical results, not on the process of obtaining them."
SYNAPT G2 System Offers Scientists Greater Power, Versatility and Speed Demanding Applications
The SYNAPT G2 System is capable of outstanding qualitative and quantitative MS and High Definition MS(TM) (HDMS(TM)) performance. For scientists this means performance in excess of 40,000 FWHM resolution, high sensitivity, a data acquisition rate of 20 spectra/second, exact mass (1 ppm RMS) information and a dynamic range of up to five orders of magnitude. When paired with Waters ACQUITY((R)) UPLC technology, Waters SYNAPT G2 Mass Spectrometer makes maximum use of the power and speed of UPLC.
SYNAPT G2 system offers scientists:
- the highest, most comprehensive UPLC MS and UPLC MS/MS performance of any available system
- proven ion mobility technology to enhance sample specificity and definition to enable discoveries that are simply unachievable by conventional mass spectrometers
- maximum system usability through its implementation of 'Engineered Simplicity'
- complete system solutions backed by highly-skilled support scientists to ensure customer success
- an extensive range of interface capabilities to service the broadest range of applications