DR Systems, makers of the Unity™ RIS/PACS, today announced eight new contracts with healthcare facilities across the U.S. The contracts total more than $2.37 million. The eight facilities are:
- SCS Radiology
- TOPS Comprehensive Breast Center
- Brandenburg Diagnostic Center
- Bloomsburg Hospital
- American Diagnostics Medical
- Marshall Regional Medical Center
- Imaging Partners of Orange County
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center Northeast
The range of facilities reflects the flexible and scalable nature of DR Systems’ Unity RIS/PACS. Contracts are with regional healthcare systems, community hospitals, women’s health facilities and ambulatory imaging centers. The company's integrated solution provides healthcare institutions with the most comprehensive workflow automation – along with world-class service for enterprise-wide medical imaging and information management.
About the Healthcare Facilities
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center Northeast (Louisville, Ky.) is an outpatient diagnostic/treatment and emergency care facility that is part of the Jewish Hospital & St. Mary's HealthCare (JHSMH) regional health care network. The network encompasses more than 70 health care facilities and 1,900 patient beds in Kentucky and southern Indiana. www.jewishhospital.org/
- Marshall Regional Medical Center (Marshall, Tex.) is a new site associated with Good Shepherd Medical Center-Marshall. Good Shepherd was established in 1909 and is currently a 149-bed facility with an intensive care unit and a 24-hour Level III trauma center. www.gsmcmarshall.org/default.aspx
- Bloomsburg Hospital (Bloomsburg, PA), a 72-bed facility, first opened its doors to patients in 1905. Part of the Bloomsburg Health System, it moved to its current site in 1928. www.bloomhealth.net/bloomsburg-hospital.php
- TOPS Comprehensive Breast Center (Houston, Tex.) operates a broad range of imaging services and outpatient surgical procedures at four facilities in Houston, Porter, and Shenandoah, Tex. www.tops-breastcenter.com
- Brandenburg Diagnostic Center (Brandenburg, Ky.), operated by Hardin Memorial Hospital (Elizabethtown, Ky.), opened in September 2009 to provide imaging services to patients in Meade and surrounding counties.>
- American Diagnostics Medical (Huntington, N.Y.) is an imaging center chain on Long Island, New York. http://americandiagnosticsmedical.org/
- Imaging Partners of Orange County (Orange, Calif.) affiliated with Moran, Rowen & Dorsey, Inc. (MRD), is opening a new, larger imaging center facility. MRD is owned and operated entirely by radiologists.>
- SCS Radiology (Scottsdale, Ariz.) is a local radiology practice that also offers reading services to centers that do not have a PACS or on-site radiologist. Tel. 480-236-8868.
In addition, DR Systems recently announced at the 2009 RSNA, eMix™ (Electronic Medical Information Exchange), a cloud computing-based, vendor-neutral technology that eliminates the need for the provider facility to burn CDs, print films, or fax reports. eMix also facilitates the trend toward universal access to medical imaging for a complete EMR.