MAQUET Cardiovascular LLC, a leading provider of cardiovascular technologies, announced today that it will a host an educational symposium featuring leading cardiovascular surgeons who will discuss the critical issues in caring for today's cardiovascular surgery patients. The event will take place on Sunday, January 24, during the Society of Thoracic Surgeons' 46th Annual Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
"This symposium is an extension of our commitment to physician education, as it allows for leading surgeons to discuss topical issues and innovations in cardiovascular surgery with their peers," said Raoul Quintero, President and CEO of MAQUET Cardiovascular U.S. Sales LLC. "MAQUET is dedicated to providing clinicians with future-oriented technology that fits into their daily practice and the training and support needed to further advance clinical practice to continuously improve patient outcomes."
The symposium will take place on January 24 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. EST aboard the Yacht Catalina, which will depart from the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 dock in Fort Lauderdale at 7:15 p.m. The evening will feature presentations by the following distinguished cardiovascular surgeons:
- William E. Cohn, M.D., Texas Heart Institute, Houston (Moderator
- The Magic of Cardiac Surgery
- Constantine L. Athanasuleas, M.D., University of Alabama Hospital, Birmingham, Ala.
- Pre-Operative Utilization of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump in High-Risk Patients
- Johannes Bonatti, M.D., University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore
- Minimized Extra Corporeal Circulation in Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mark Connolly, M.D., Saint Michael's Medical Center, Newark, N.J.
- Shooting Ourselves in the Foot: Discerning the New England Journal of Medicine Reports on Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting and Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (OPCAB)
- Hazim J. Safi, M.D., Texas Medical Center, Houston
- Techniques for Open Surgical Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Procedures
- Vinod H. Thourani, M.D., Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- OPCAB – You Can in High Risk Patients: Steps to Success
SOURCE MAQUET Cardiovascular LLC