Feb 24 2010
The American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) is taking the lead in gastroenterological innovation by conducting "Fostering Innovation and Technology in Digestive and Metabolic Diseases." This first of its kind conference brings together physician innovators and key opinion leaders, medical device companies, insurance executives, government officials, venture capitalists and investors to discuss emerging and innovative technologies for digestive disorders, diabetes, obesity and related conditions.
Presenters will discuss exciting innovations in GI and obesity. During the conference, media are invited to meet with company representatives, investors and executives, as well as hear presentations on:
- New technologies for digestive diseases, including endoscopic treatments for obesity, heartburn and Barrett's esophagus.
- New diagnostic technologies for digestive disorders including colorectal cancer screening, heartburn and gastroparesis.
- The impact of the legal, regulatory and reimbursement environment on the development and uptake of new GI technologies.
- The converging forces that make the GI marketplace a viable and attractive investment opportunity.
- Areas of opportunity in GI for innovation and investment.
The AGA is committed to improving the care of patients with digestive diseases, and is focused on outcomes and bringing cutting-edge, appropriate treatments to patients with gastrointestinal conditions. This conference is being held in collaboration with Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
When:March 19 & 20, 2010
Where:Four Seasons Silicon Valley, East Palo Alto, CA
For a complete program and list of faculty, review the conference brochure at http://www.gilearn.org/innovation.