The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) invites you to attend the first of a new series of meetings - the IOF Regionals: Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting, to be held in Singapore from December 10-13, 2010.
Mark your calendar: Online registration and abstract submission opens April 15, 2010 on http://www.iofbonehealth.org/singapore2010
An exciting programme has been developed to provide clinicians, orthopaedists, and other health professionals with the latest information on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related fractures. Delegates are invited to showcase their research by submitting abstracts for publication in Osteoporosis International. This is a unique opportunity to provide international visibility for regional research in one of the field's most cited bone journals. Abstract submission deadline is August 31, 2010.
Highlights from scientific program include:
- Epidemiology of Fractures: East vs. West
- The Asian Audit
- Bone Quality and Architecture
- Fall Prevention and Rehabilitation
- FRAX- and Its Clinical Implications
- Vitamin D Deficiency Across Asia
- Exercise and Bone
- Calcium, Other Nutrients and Bone
- Who to Treat, When to Start, What Drug and How Long?
- Corticosteroid Induced Osteoporosis: Practical approaches
- What's New on the Horizon in Therapy?
- Fracture Prevention in Individuals and Populations in Asia: Learnings from the past decade and future directions
- Orthopaedic Roundtable
- Diagnostic Roundtable
MEET THE EXPERT SESSIONS:
- Oestrogens and Bone in Women and Men
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
- Osteoporosis in Men
- Economics of Effective Osteoporosis Treatment
- Bone Markers in Clinical Practice
There will be an opportunity for 30 oral presentations, selected from the best submitted abstracts.
A certain number of slots will be reserved for industry-sponsored symposia.
PATIENT FORUM AND BONE HEALTH EXERCISE EVENT
IOF, in conjunction with the Osteoporosis Society of Singapore, will hold a Patient Forum, just prior the opening of the meeting. This will be an excellent opportunity for patients and their families to interact with bone experts form the region. On Sunday morning a bone health exercise event will be held, finishing with a bone-friendly breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you to Singapore!
- Registration and Abstracts Submission Open: April 15, 2010
- Abstract Submission Deadline: August 31, 2010
- Early Bird Registrations Deadline: October 10, 2010