Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. (NYSE:RDY) today announced its unaudited financial results for the quarter ended December 31st, 2010 under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Consolidated revenues are at Rs. 19.0 billion ($424 million) in Q3 FY11 versus Rs. 17.3 billion ($386 million) in Q3 FY10, year-on-year growth of 10%.
- Revenues from Global Generics for Q3 FY11 are at Rs. 13.6 bn ($303 mn), year-on-year growth of 16%.
- Revenues from PSAI are at Rs. 5.0 billion ($111 million) in Q3 FY11, year-on-year decline of 5%.
- EBITDA of Rs. 4.0 billion ($90 million) in Q3 FY11, is at 21% of revenues with year-on-year growth of 10%.
- Profit before Tax for Q3 FY11 is at Rs. 2.9 billion ($64 million), year-on-year adjusted growth of 11%*.
- Profit after Tax for Q3 FY11 is at Rs. 2.7 billion ($61 million), is at 14% of revenues with year-on-year adjusted growth of 19%.
- During the quarter, the company launched 42 new generic products, filed 21 new product registrations and filed 9 DMFs globally.
Litigation settlements in US: Today the Company announces that it has entered into two settlement agreements with AstraZeneca in US relating to the ANDA filed for the generic versions of AstraZeneca's Nexium® (esomeprazole) and Accolate® (zafirlukast). Under the terms of the esomeprazole agreement, AstraZeneca has granted Dr. Reddy's a license, subject to regulatory approval, to launch a generic version of esomeprazole delayed-release capsules on May 27, 2014, or earlier in certain circumstances. The terms of this agreement have not been disclosed. The zafirlukast agreement ends all litigation related to the product and allows Dr. Reddy's to continue selling the product without risk. Dr. Reddy's launched its zafirlukast product on November 18, 2010 following a favorable summary judgment decision.