Perspectives in Lung Cancer is the first volume of Bentham Books' new series, Frontiers in Lung Cancer. The new book, edited by Dr. Keyvan Moghissi et al., is a comprehensive compilation of basic and advanced topics on lung cancer pathology and treatment in a single volume.
Chapters introduce the reader to chest and lung anatomy followed by the biology of lung cancer. Subsequent chapters delve into diagnostic methods for lung cancer while progressing into treatment options.
Each chapter features contributions from experts in lung cancer treatment, thoracic surgery pulmonary disorders. The book culminates into an explanation of the concept of the Lung Cancer Centre, which is a representation of the editors' vision for organizing a lung cancer treatment unit.
The Editors' main goal is to give readers an updated view of current best practices in lung cancer clinics.
A book should have regard for the best care and treatment outcome of patients; I believe there is a vacuum within the currently available textbooks on lung cancer."
Dr. Kevyan Moghissi, Editor, Bentham Science Publishers
- Organizes key topics covering both standard and Avante-garde topics related to lung cancer
- All contributions are presented by experts in lung cancer treatment
- Addresses basic biology of lung cancer
- Provides information about 3D surgical planning, a relatively new concept in the field of thoracic surgery
- Addresses the standard method of resection, VATS and Mini VATS
- Covers the role of radiation and systemic anti-cancer therapies in lung cancer treatment
- Provides a glimpse of modern methods such as image-guided surgery and therapy, laser therapy, and photodynamic therapy
- Covers the role of palliative care for lung cancer
- Presents information about a visionary organization of a lung cancer unit and treatment centre.
The combination of carefully organised chapters covering a wide array of interesting and relevant topics make this reference an essential reference for healthcare professionals interested in acquiring a broad perspective on lung cancer treatment with the goal of improving patient outcomes.