Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) will initiate European launch of its newest addition to the GeneXpert® family of molecular diagnostic testing systems, the GeneXpert Infinity-48, at the 20th annual European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) in Vienna, Austria. The GeneXpert Infinity-48 System is the world's first and only fully-automated, random-access system designed for management of the entire molecular testing workflow — from sample data, cartridge loading and unloading, to final reporting of test results and disposal of cartridges.
"We're very excited to be a part of the 20th anniversary of this renowned congress where we will officially debut our new GeneXpert Infinity-48 System in Europe," said Nico Arnold, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Commercial Operations for Cepheid. "The GeneXpert family of Systems, including the Infinity-48, represents the next generation in automated molecular testing. With our expanding pipeline of rapid, accurate, and easy-to-use tests, the GeneXpert System is positioned to become the molecular platform of choice."
Cepheid is also hosting an integrated symposium at the Congress, entitled The Medical and Public Health Impact of Rapid Molecular Testing. This will take place as part of the official program on Monday, April 12th, in Lecture Hall F2 from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. The schedule for the symposium is as follows:
The company will also be demonstrating the full menu of GeneXpert-based CE IVD molecular diagnostic tests at booth #261 on the exhibition floor, including:
- Xpert® Flu A Panel: Detection of FluA and identification of 2009 H1N1 novel
- Xpert® MTB/RIF: Simultaneous detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and resistance to rifampicin
- Xpert® C. difficile: Accurate detection of Clostridium difficile infection
- Xpert® vanA/vanB: Screening for vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)
- Xpert® MRSA: Screening for nasal carriage of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Xpert® MRSA/SA BC: Diagnostic test for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus and S. aureus in positive patient blood culture bottles
- Xpert® MRSA/SA Nasal: Pre-Surgical testing for Staphylococcus aureus and Methicillin-Resistant S. aureus
- Xpert® MRSA/SA SSTI: Diagnostic test for Staphylococcus aureus and Methicillin-Resistant S. aureus in skin and soft tissue
- Xpert® EV: Rapid diagnostic test for enteroviral meningitis
- Xpert® GBS: Accurate and rapid detection of vaginal carriage of Group B
- Xpert® BCR-ABL Monitor: Simple and rapid monitoring test for improved Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) patient management
- Xpert® HemosIL FII & FV*: Detection of factor II and factor V Leiden genetic variations associated with thrombophilia