Solta Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: SLTM), the pioneer in fractional resurfacing and non-invasive skin tightening and a market leader in aesthetic skin treatments, today announced Health Canada approval of its Thermage CPT™ and Fraxel re:store® Dual systems. These products are now available to physicians in Canada. In the fall of 2009, the company received U.S. FDA clearance to market and sell both the Thermage CPT and Fraxel re:store Dual systems. Both systems are now available in over 100 countries worldwide.
The Thermage CPT system represents a significant advancement in skin tightening and body contouring technology and demonstrates Solta Medical's deep commitment to deliver cutting edge, innovative products to the anti-aging market. The Fraxel re:store® Dual system takes the industry leading fractional laser technology to the next level by adding a novel 1927 nm wavelength, the first ever application of a Thulium laser in the aesthetics market.
"Thermage and Fraxel are key tools that I use in my practice to reverse the effects of aging and sun exposure," said Penny Cumberland, M.D. with Cumberland Laser Clinic in London, Ontario. "The Thermage CPT offers patients the most advanced solution for skin tightening and body contouring. The Fraxel re:store Dual provides superior skin resurfacing and rejuvenation. The Fraxel Dual system delivers both fast clearance of pigmentation and a non-invasive treatment for wrinkles and acne scars."
The Thermage CPT incorporates proprietary Comfort Pulse Technology™ and includes a new ergonomic, vibrating hand piece. In addition, the Thermage CPT features scientifically advanced treatment tips that enhance efficacy and greatly improve overall patient comfort.
The Thermage CPT system features and benefits include:
- Enhanced efficacy – more uniform energy delivery and greater volume of tissue reaching therapeutic temperature creating more consistent results
- Superior patient comfort produced by Comfort Pulse Technology – new energy delivery system and vibrating hand piece vastly improves the treatment experience for patients
- High patient satisfaction – redesigned treatment tips for the face and body provide faster, more comfortable treatments
The new Fraxel re:store Dual system provides significant enhancements that enable physicians to better address pigmentation and other dyschromia on the entire body. Prior to the non-ablative Fraxel re:store Dual system, laser skin resurfacing procedures were largely limited to the face. The system's expanded versatility, with the addition of the new 1927 nm wavelength, increases the areas of the body that physicians can treat.
Fraxel re:store Dual system features and benefits include:
- Dual fiber laser technology in one system providing the most effective non-ablative skin resurfacing treatment
- Accelerated clearance of unwanted pigmentation via ground-breaking technology
- Ease of operation and improved patient comfort with focal cooling built directly into the hand piece
- Treatment of larger and multiple body areas in a single session with the addition of the 1927 nm wavelength
- Increased procedure speed by 25% with a newly improved scanner design
"Solta Medical is committed to developing innovative, safe and effective anti-aging solutions that deliver superior results for patients," said Stephen J. Fanning, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Solta Medical, Inc. "The Thermage CPT and Fraxel re:store Dual systems are significant advancements in how physicians address aging skin. Both products have been well received by patients and physicians since their release last Fall."