Clinicians and allied health professionals throughout the Asia-Pacific region invited to attend the 1st Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting
Healthcare providers in the Asia-Pacific region are coping with a rising tide of osteoporotic fractures. The IOF Regionals - 1st Asia- Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting, to take place in Singapore from December 10-13, 2010, is an ideal opportunity for health professionals in the region to acquire the latest practical information on osteoporosis and related fractures.
Online registration at lower pre-registration rates is available until December 9, 2010.
Registration fees include opening reception, daily lunch and a festive gala dinner.
Participants from the following countries are eligible for even lower WHO non-high income nation rates: Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan China, Thailand and Vietnam.
The meeting (http://www.iofbonehealth.org/singapore-2010 ), held in English, will provide a clinically oriented yet state-of-the-art overview of key topics related to osteoporosis and its prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Offering a strong Asian focus, the scientific programme will feature:
12 plenary lectures including topics such as daily management of osteoporotic patients in practice, vitamin D therapy, FRAX-- and much more
6 Meet-the-Expert topics:
- Oestrogens & bone in women & men
- Vitamin D analogues for fracture prevention
- Developing osteoporosis guidelines in Asia
- Bone markers in clinical practice
- Osteoporosis management in the frail elderly
- Orthopaedic Roundtable on models of care in secondary fracture prevention
- Diagnostic Roundtable on DXA, bone imaging, bone markers, and non-invasive diagnostic imaging
- 5 informative Satellite Symposia on a broad range of topics
In addition, the meeting will offer:
- Large Exhibition - showcases novel osteoporosis-related treatment and diagnostics, consumer products
- CNS National Village - Learn about the work of local osteoporosis societies throughout Asia and Pacific.
- Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner (free for registered participants)
- Public Forum organized by the Osteoporosis Society of Singapore, with master chef Judy Koh
- Healthy Bones Event at Esplanade Park - try Taijiquan with world famous martial arts expert Picasso Tan
Visit http://www.iofbonehealth.org/singapore-2010 for online registration and complete programme information.
Source: International Osteoporosis Foundation