Today, Novo Nordisk, a world leader in diabetes care, launched a free 5-volume diabetes educational e-book series, designed to help patients work with their health care team to better manage their diabetes. The e-book series is part of Cornerstones4Care™, an innovative patient support program that provides highly customizable diabetes information through the comprehensive interactive website www.Cornerstones4Care.com.
Novo Nordisk is committed to helping patients achieve their diabetes goals and saw a need to make diabetes management information more accessible. According to the Association of American Publishers, as of February 2011 e-books ranked as the number one selling format among all categories of trade publishing and sales are continuing to increase.
"With an increasing demand for e-books, we saw an opportunity to share our existing diabetes education book series in a new and innovative format that meets the changing technology needs of today's patient," said Camille Lee, Corporate Vice President, Diabetes Marketing. "By broadening the availability of the educational series, we hope that more patients will have access to the resources they need to better manage their diabetes."
The first e-book, Diabetes and You, is available on Cornerstornes4Care.com and will be available at popular e-book sites, including iBooks®, Reader™ Store, the NOOK™ Book Store and Free-eBooks.net beginning Q4 2011. The entire e-book series is also compatible with all major e-readers, including Apple’s iPad®, Sony’s e-Reader, Barnes & Noble’s NOOK™ and Amazon’s Kindle™. Those who might not have an e-reader can download the e-book series for free as an Adobe PDF for viewing on a Mac or PC. All e-books come with the ability to enlarge text and can easily be downloaded at Cornerstones4Care.com.
The e-book series:
- Diabetes and You: Provides an overview of what diabetes is and the steps necessary to help manage it.
- Your Guide to Better Office Visits: Helps patients keep accurate and comprehensive records in one easy-to-find place. Patients can customize their care schedule with their treatment team.
- Your Blood Sugar Diary: Helps patients stay on track with their blood sugar goals and share results with their health care team.
- Diabetes Medicines: Describes how diabetes affects the body and offers suggestions for discussing different treatment options with their health care team.
- Carb Counting and Meal Planning: Offers basics for planning healthy meals and an introduction to counting carbs and gauging portion size.