The 11th Annual AACR International Conference on Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research will bring together scientists, survivors and patient advocates to share the latest science on cancer prevention.
The conference, scheduled for Oct. 16-19, 2012, in Anaheim, Calif., will feature a series of groundbreaking presentations and hundreds of new research abstracts including:
- updates from the Physician's Health Study on multivitamins and cancer;
- new data on the protective effect of green tea;
- how formula feeding affects the risk for leukemia in children;
- whether hay fever increases the risk for colorectal cancer;
- new data on chemoprevention strategies;
- how hormones affect breast cancer risk;
- updated tools for diagnosis of prostate and colon cancers; and
- whether financial incentives can keep people from smoking.
Oct. 16-19, 2012
Source: American Association for Cancer Research