The Fifth AACR Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities will gather scientists, survivors and patient advocates to share the latest research on access to care, treatment and survival in minority populations.
The conference, scheduled for Oct. 27-30, 2012, in San Diego, Calif., will feature a series of groundbreaking presentations and hundreds of new research abstracts including:
- genetic differences in breast cancer among Hispanic women;
- how minorities respond to offers to participate in clinical trials;
- whether access to mammography facilities differs by racial neighborhood;
- whether stress and depression have a greater impact on minority patients;
- how language barriers may or may not impact care; and
- the role race can play in treatment outcomes.
Oct. 27-30, 2012
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, Calif.