Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced a new range of laboratory automation and screening solutions during the Second Annual Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) conference and exhibition. Thermo Fisher's expandable portfolio of lab automation solutions is on display this week at the SLAS 2013, Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, January 12-16, 2013, Booth #807.
"Now that automation is more commonplace in laboratories, scientists are seeking highly integrated platforms that enable even greater speed, accuracy, efficiency and throughput," said Hansjoerg Haas, product line director, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Our portfolio is highly extensible, covering workflows for everything from routine sample preparation through complex analysis in genomics, proteomics and qPCR."
At SLAS, Thermo Fisher will feature workflows showcasing several new products that maximize laboratory uptime, including:
- Thermo Scientific Momentum 3.2 software, the newest version of Thermo Fisher's process and data integration solution, features an enhanced dashboard for sample submission and optional user role-based administration for compliant operation in routine analysis labs. Users can define, execute and monitor complex processes in a powerful, yet easy-to-use visual environment.
- Thermo Scientific Nautilus LIMS 9.1 software is the newest version of an established laboratory powerhouse. It features easier configuration and new explorer extensions and commands that enable finer control over individual users' experience in dynamic labs.
New Robotics/Automation Tools
- The Thermo Scientific VALet bench-top robotic microplate mover simplifies instrument loading, offering both single and multiple array nest access in an easily configurable platform.
- The Thermo Scientific Cytomat 10 automated incubator is designed for exceptionally fast access and a quickly and effectively elimination of germs and spore suspension, even in hard to reach areas during typical manual cleaning. The instrument relies on thermal disinfection.
New Sample Management and Tracking Database Software
- The new Thermo Scientific VisionTracker database software delivers more accurate and efficient management, tracking and retrieval of laboratory samples. VisionTracker software provides a robust and secure database to organize and track sample information and storage location. The VisionTracker database features an intuitive graphical interface and allows quick and easy integration into any storage workflow or laboratory environment.
New High Content Screening System
- The new Thermo Scientific CellInsight NXT High Content Screening (HCS) Platform features a larger field of view, higher resolution and increased sensitivity. When combined in a workflow with the Thermo Scientific Orbitor RS Microplate Mover, also on display during SLAS, the system offers higher-throughput and more reliable screening of cell-based assays.
Alongside new products featured in its booth, Thermo Fisher is showcasing instruments, tools, consumables and software for automated dispensing and stacking, automated DNA extraction and qPCR, automated liquid handling, sample storage and cryopreservation and special accessories for accelerated drug discovery.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific