New clinical data demonstrating the range of treatment options represented in Lilly's (NYSE: LLY) diabetes portfolio will be presented in 79 abstracts on June 5-9, at the 75th American Diabetes Association (ADA)® Scientific Sessions in Boston. These presentations reflect Lilly's efforts to enhance scientific knowledge and improve current approaches to diabetes management. Thirty-five of the abstracts will be presented as part of the Boehringer Ingelheim-Lilly Diabetes alliance.
"The Scientific Sessions are an important opportunity for researchers and healthcare and industry professionals to come together and share learnings and advances in diabetes care," said David Kendall, M.D., vice president of Medical Affairs, Lilly Diabetes. "We look forward to communicating significant new data that showcase the full range of our diabetes portfolio."
Among the data being presented at this year's Scientific Sessions are:
Basal Insulin Peglispro
Lilly will share new efficacy and safety data for its investigational basal insulin peglispro (BIL), including two late-breaking abstracts and the first data presentations from the seven Phase III IMAGINE trials in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. A total of 19 abstracts will be presented, including three oral presentations:
- Saturday, June 6, 1:45 to 3:45 p.m., "Basal Insulin Analogs: New Evidence" Oral Session
- 1:45 p.m.: Basal Insulin Peglispro (BIL) is Superior to Insulin Glargine (GL) in Reducing HbA1c at 52 Weeks in Insulin-Naïve T2D Patients (Pts) Treated with Oral Antihyperglycemic Medications (OAMs): IMAGINE 2 (Lead author: M.J. Davies) [Presentation No. 93-OR]
- 2 p.m.: Reduced Intra-subject Variability of Basal Insulin Peglispro (BIL) Compared to Insulin Glargine in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) (Lead author: T. Heise) [Presentation No. 94-OR]
- 2:15 p.m.: Greater HbA1c Reduction with Basal Insulin Peglispro (BIL) v Insulin Glargine (GL) in an Open-label, Randomized Study in T1D Patients (pts): IMAGINE 1 (Lead author: S. K. Garg) [Presentation No. 95-OR]
Additional data showing BIL's effect on hypoglycemia, liver enzymes and lipids will also be presented.
Lilly will present nine abstracts for Trulicity, a once-weekly, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA) injectable prescription medication to improve blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes along with diet and exercise. Among these presentations are new data comparing the safety and efficacy of Trulicity to other common diabetes medicines in multinational patient populations, and a meta-analysis showing no increased risk of cardiovascular events in patients taking Trulicity. Select presentations are as follows:
- Saturday, June 6, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., General Poster Session
- Efficacy and Safety of Once-weekly Dulaglutide versus Once-daily Liraglutide in Japanese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes (Lead author: T. Takamura) [Poster No. 1111-P]
- Once Weekly Dulaglutide Does Not Increase the Risk for CV Events in Type 2 Diabetes: A Pre-Specified CV Meta-Analysis of Prospectively Adjudicated CV Events (Lead author: K.C. Ferdinand) [Poster No. 1127-P]
- Monday, June 8, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., "Update on GLP-1 Receptor Agonists" Oral Session
- Efficacy and Safety of Once-Weekly Dulaglutide vs. Insulin Glargine in Combination with Metformin and/or a Sulfonylurea in Predominantly Asian Patients with Type 2 Diabetes (Lead author: W. Wang) [Presentation No. 280-OR]