NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) announced today that it expects to meet its planned launch date for its latest product, NC-stat®|DPNCheck™, which is a fast, accurate, and quantitative test for the evaluation of systemic neuropathies such as diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). The marketing launch will occur during the exhibition at the American Diabetes Association 71st Scientific Sessions in San Diego, CA on June 24-28, 2011.
NC-stat DPNCheck measures sural nerve conduction velocity and amplitude, which are standard biomarkers for DPN. The device is a modified version of the widely used NC-stat® device which has been shown to accurately detect DPN. Potential clinical benefits of sural nerve conduction obtained at the point-of-care include:
- Early detection of DPN, even in the absence of clinical symptoms and signs
- Help with confirmation or rule-out of DPN and quantification of severity
- Monitoring changes in DPN over time and in response to treatment
NC-stat DPNCheck will be commercially available in the second half of the year. To learn more, click here.
The Company has a number of activities scheduled during the American Diabetes Association 71st Scientific Sessions. This includes presentation of two posters from accepted abstracts, live demonstrations of NC-stat DPNCheck, and a meeting of its diabetes scientific advisory board (SAB). The SAB has played an important role in guiding the development of NC-stat DPNCheck, and includes:
- David G. Armstrong, DPM, MD, PhD
- Andrew J.M. Boulton, MRCP (UK), MD, FRCP
- Neil H. Brooks, MD, FAAFP
- Bruce A. Perkins, MD, MPH, FRCP(C)
- Solomon Tesfaye, MB, ChB, MD, FRCP (UK)
- Aaron I. Vinik, MD, PhD, FCP, FACP
- Dan Ziegler, MD, FRCPE