ZEISS is now adding INFRARED 800 to its OPMI® PENTERO® 800 surgical microscope for reconstructive surgery. The new enhancements are tailored to the requirements of breast reconstruction, lymph supermicrosurgery, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. Clinical specialists can benefit from the optimized package of ZEISS OPMI PENTERO 800 which provides intraoperative assessment of blood flow, higher magnification and effortless maneuverability required for complex reconstructive surgery.
Optimal image quality, visualization of blood flow and good maneuverability of the microscope are particularly important for surgeons during demanding surgical procedures on delicate structures. Since the introduction of its premium-class OPMI Pentero surgical microscope from ZEISS in 2004, ZEISS has worked on ensuring the utility and availability of its products for a wider range of clinical applications. OPMI PENTERO 800 with INFRARED 800 is tailored to the needs of reconstructive surgeons, especially for breast reconstruction procedures, lymphedema supermicrosurgery as well as oral and maxillofacial surgery.
"We are pleased to present the visualization solution that addresses the specific challenges posed by the demanding field of reconstructive surgery," says Dr. Ludwin Monz, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. "OPMI PENTERO 800 with INFRARED 800 is designed to assist and support clinicians during the crucial phase of intraoperative decision-making."
OPMI PENTERO 800 in combination with INFRARED 800 offers an optimized optical package featuring effortless maneuverability which aids reconstructive surgeons during complex clinical procedures:
- INFRARED 800 for OPMI PENTERO 800 enables intraoperative visual assessment of blood flow and vessel patency, complementing the precision optics of the OPMI PENTERO 800 surgical microscope. INFRARED 800 fluorescence technology allows the capture and recording of fluorescent light, which is invisible to the human eye, and therefore provides surgeons with additional information on blood flow dynamics during surgical interventions. INFRARED 800 is fully integrated into the surgical microscope and can be easily activated by the simple press of a button.
- Surgery on delicate sub-millimeter anatomical structures requires appropriate magnification levels. OPMI PENTERO 800 offers higher magnification levels of up to 39x
- The full-integration concept ensures complete flexibility and ease of use by avoiding any external attachments to the microscope´s head
- The free-floating movement of the OPMI PENTERO 800 and INFRARED 800 system allows clinicians greater maneuverability and flexible positioning of the microscope head during the surgical procedure. Additionally, an intuitive XY function, which supports fine positioning, helps to comfortably visualize the anatomy even while working long hours.
- Further workflow efficiency and comfort for the clinicians is provided by AutoDrape®, AutoBalance[TM] and AutoFokus[TM] which allow for rapid OR setup, fast balancing and automatic sharp focus on the region of interest without any time-consuming manual adjustments.
This product is available worldwide from October 2015.