At a translational field of 3 Tesla, the BioSpec 3T extends the range of multi-purpose, preclinical MRI and MRS systems. It bridges the gap between morphological reference imaging at 1 Tesla and research level MRI imaging at high-field in a compact, easy to site footprint. Superior cryogen-free design eliminates the need for liquid helium or nitrogen and provides an unmatched magnet hold time of four hours during power outages.
Designed for study of mice and rats, the BioSpec 3T comprises the latest Bruker MRI technology, software application packages and multimodal options. To augment the range of research options in your laboratory the BioSpec 3T is fully compatible with other imaging modalities such as PET.
- Superior MRI magnet technology ensures the magnet remains on field during power outage and/or cold water failure for up to 4 hours
- Maximum freedom for your animal experiments with a magnet bore of 180 mm
- Support for very large rats with best-in- class free RF-coil access of 82 mm
- Significant signal-to-noise boost in vivo of at least a factor of 3 with the MRI CryoProbeTM
- Widest range of RF coils (~30) for mice and rats available, including coils for head, brain, cardiac, body, x-nuclei and multi-purpose applications
- Fully-featured ParaVision® preclinical user interface integrates other modalities for streamlined workflow
- MRI sequence portfolio of more than 1,000 sequence variations, including wireless cardiac imaging using navigator based IntraGate methods with a choice of cartesian or radial readout, as well as short echo time imaging, such as UTE and ZTE
- Best in class homogeneity of ±0.1 ppm for a 50 mm DSV due to solid magnet design
- Crisp and highly resolved images with a gradient strength of up to 900 mT/m at high gradient linearity of ±3.5% (DSV 50 mm)
- Up to 6 higher order, high power shim channels (e.g. 3750 Hz/cm2 for XZ,YZ) guarantee optimal performance for spectroscopy and MRI
- In-house development and production of all key components (software, magnet, gradient, spectrometer, RF-coils) ensures the best performance and short repair times