The innovative flexible acquisition geometry of the SKYSCAN 1272 scanner is particularly advantageous over intermediate resolution levels, where scans are several times faster (to obtain the same or better image quality) compared to micro-CT systems with a fixed source-detector design.
For any sample, which can be up to 75mm in diameter, the system can automatically optimize x-ray energy and energy filtering using a new maintenance-free X-ray source and automatic 6-position filter changer. Large format imaging has been supported by multithreaded GPU-accelerated 3D-reconstruction and realistic visualization by surface and volume rendering.
The system includes a built-in precision micropositioning stage and can scan samples during compression, tension, cooling or heating. An optional 16-position automatic sample changer allows the adding / removing / replacing of samples without interrupting a live scanning process (see how it works). Automatic magnification adjustment and scanning protocol optimization is available for individual samples.
At the end of the scan the system can send you an e-mail with a direct link to the scanning results, which can be opened across a network. Reconstruction results can be sent to iPad. Special software for mobile platform performs volume rendering and virtual cut of objects with touch screen gesture controls. The full range of the software for 2D / 3D quantitative analysis and for realistic 3D visualization is also supplied with the scanner.
Supplied advanced workstation contains two Intel-XEON eight core processors, 128GB memory, two graphical cards (NVIDIA-Quadro and NVIDIA-Tesla), 12TB disk space and two 24" UltraSharp LCD monitors.
- More than 200 Megapixel (14450 x 14450 pixels) in every virtual slice through objects
- More than 2600 such slices can be reconstructed after a single scan
- Due to phase-contrast enhancement, object details down to 0.4um can be detected
- 20-100kV maintenance-free X-ray source, 6-position automatic filter changer
- GPU-accelerated and world's fastest InstaRecon® 3D reconstructions supplied as standard
- Maximum scanning diameter - 75mm, integrated micropositioning stage
- 2D/3D image analysis, surface and volume rendering
- Optional 16-position sample changer with auto adjustment of magnification and scanning protocol
- At the end of the scan the system can send you e-mail with a link to the results
- The results can be exported to iPhone / iPad / Android mobiles for 3D rendering by free available software
||20-100kV,10W,<5µm spot size @ 4W
||16Mp or 11Mp, 14-bit cooled CCD fiber-optically coupled to scintillator
|Maximum object size
||75mm in diameter using offset scan (27mm in fast single scan)
||0.35µm (16Mp) or 0.45um (11Mp) at highest magnification
||single PC or cluster multithreaded CPU/GPU 3D reconstruction
||cooling, heating, compression / tension
||<1 µSv/h at 10cm from the instrument surface
SKYSCAN 1272 in action
Just start your analysis