Managing Myeloma (www.ManagingMyeloma.com), an accredited educational initiative for multidisciplinary professionals, announces the launch of a series of regional continuing education activities to be held through October and November in five western states. These activities are live, interactive events that allow participants the opportunity to work through actual clinical cases with national and regional experts in managing myeloma, as well as neurologists, nephrologists, and bone care specialists with expertise in myeloma.
Clinicians confront many challenges in effectively tailoring treatment for individual patients with multiple myeloma. These training sessions bring community practitioners and specialists together to specifically address these myeloma management issues in a "grand-rounds" style interactive environment. All meetings take place on Saturday from 7:30 am - 1:00 pm and include breakfast and lunch.
- Treatment selection tailored to individual medical history
- Treatment sequencing
- Best practices for pre-existing comorbidities
- Myeloma-associated sequelae
- Treatment-related side effects
Dates and Locations
- Saturday, October 17, 2009 - Denver, CO (JW Marriott Denver at Cherry Creek)
- Saturday, October 24, 2009 - Portland, OR (The Westin Portland)
- Saturday, October 31, 2009 - Marina del Rey, CA (Marriott Marina del Rey)
- Saturday, November 7, 2009 - San Francisco, CA (San Francisco Marriott Union Square)
- Saturday, November 14, 2009 - Tempe, AZ (The Buttes Marriott Resort)