NextBio today announced the latest evolution of its innovative life science research platform, adding new capabilities for the integration and mining of high-throughput array and next-generation sequencing data. The new NextBio Sequence-Centric module enables researchers to effectively explore and utilize massive amounts of public and internally generated sequencing data, while allowing organizations to create corporate-wide genomic data platforms to serve the needs of their global research teams.
“Integrative Biological Analysis of Public and Proprietary Microarray, GWAS and Next-Gen Sequencing Data”
"As the use of high-throughput sequencing technologies continues to grow, the resulting massive volumes of data are making effective data interpretation imperative," said Saeid Akhtari, President and Chief Executive Officer of NextBio. "The latest evolution of NextBio is designed to help research organizations intelligently consume public and internal genomic data from transcriptomic, copy-number, epigenetic and resequencing studies, and to use the knowledge gained to advance strategically important initiatives in basic and clinical research. The ability to integrate and correlate massive volumes of diverse data using a single platform provides our users unimaginable opportunities for generating hypotheses, designing experiments, and, ultimately, making major discoveries."
Correlated View of Large Quantities of Diverse Data
The unique technology developed by NextBio allows researchers in basic science, drug discovery and clinical research to obtain a correlated view of large quantities of processed public data in conjunction with their own datasets. Using NextBio, researchers can explore these diverse types of data within a single environment at unprecedented speed and scale, with just a few mouse clicks.
The highlights of NextBio Enterprise platform include:
- A Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) enterprise solution enabling global research teams to capture and mine a consolidated collection of internal and public genomic data.
- Access to the largest repository of curated public array and Next-Gen sequencing data, enabling researchers to take advantage of public data side-by-side with their private, proprietary datasets.
- The ability to examine pathways, diseases, drugs or a researcher's own datasets within the context of public and internal large-scale studies.
- Integration, correlation and meta-analysis of Gene Expression, Proteomics, Epigenetics, Resequencing, CNV and GWAS data.
- Secure collaboration/sharing throughout the virtual research team.
- Platform for biomarker discovery and validation.
- The SaaS business model provides low-cost, facile deployment and support/updates, as well as secure hosting of data.
New Capabilities to be Launched at Bio-IT World
At Bio-IT World, NextBio co-founder and Vice President of Products, Ilya Kupershmidt will describe for the first time NextBio's unique method of harnessing the power in the voluminous amount of Next-Gen data. This presentation, "Integrative Biological Analysis of Public and Proprietary Microarray, GWAS and Next-Gen Sequencing Data" will be delivered at 12 noon ET as part of the Track 3 Session (Bioinformatics and Next-Gen Sequencing Data).
NextBio will also demonstrate its research platform, including the new capabilities for mining high throughput array and Next-Gen sequencing data, at the company's exhibition hall booth, #328. We invite you to witness for yourself the knowledge-generating power of NextBio.