Premier international conference will highlight breakthroughs in diagnosis and patient management in an era of personalized medicine
What: As scientists understand more about a tumor's underlying biology, personalized medicine is emerging as the new patient management paradigm.
This year, the American Association for Cancer Research will host its fourth Molecular Diagnostics in Cancer Therapeutic Development: Challenges and Horizons conference at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel in Denver, Colo. This meeting regularly draws representatives from academia and industry to discuss the latest in diagnostic tools and emerging therapies.
Findings presented at this year's meeting will include:
- new data on phase III kidney cancer drugs in development;
- emerging microRNA research on bladder cancer and lung cancer;
- new techniques for capturing and measuring circulating tumor cells;
- better measurements of prostate-specific antigen post-surgery in people with prostate cancer;
- more effective screening in the human papillomavirus era; and,
- nanotechnology techniques for hematologic malignancies.
American Association for Cancer Research