EuroPCR congress marks the first year anniversary of the Philips Volcano merger, delivering less invasive and more precise personal care for interventional cardiology
Royal Philips today announced its participation in the EuroPCR 2016 Congress in the field of interventional cardiology, taking place in Paris, France, May 17 – 20, 2016. Philips booth presence in the exhibition (M71 on level 2) will showcase the companies’ ongoing commitment to delivering advanced technology and integrated solutions that further advance the field of coronary, peripheral and structural heart diseases.
Philips will also participate in two scientific sessions and host hands-on experiences and live demos in the Training Village to help attending cardiologists experience and fully understand the everyday clinical benefits of integrated solutions to help enhance procedural outcomes. An interactive experience at the booth will also bring to life a fully integrated cath lab through virtual reality.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3 million deaths per year, and is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030. Cardiology is one of the top health technology priorities for Philips, which provides integrated solutions helping clinicians treat cardiovascular disease by speeding detection, diagnosis and treatment, driving effective recovery and home care, and encouraging prevention and healthy living.
“A continuous strong growth area in interventional cardiovascular care is Image Guided Therapy. The broad portfolio of Philips Volcano solutions has begun personalizing the future of minimally invasive procedures for every patient,” said Bert van Meurs, CEO Image Guided Therapy, Philips. “We will be showcasing our market leading technologies at EuroPCR, bringing to life our integrated solutions and strategies for interventional cardiology to optimize outcomes while managing costs.”
Philips‘ leadership in image-guided interventional solutions across X-ray systems, navigation software and Live 3D TEE ultrasound imaging, combined with Philips Volcano’s leadership in intravascular therapy guidance tools – together enable effective diagnosis and treatment.
Philips is expanding and accelerating growth with integrated interventional suites that lead to procedure innovation with technologies being showcased at EuroPCR including:
- AlluraClarity with ClarityIQ technology – provides high quality images at a low X-ray dose for cardiac interventions
- HeartNavigator – provides immersive user experience and automated tasks simplify planning, measurement, device selection, and choice of excellent X-ray viewing angle for TAVI, LAA, Mitral and other SHD procedures
- EchoNavigator – fuses live 3D TEE and X-ray in real time to provide live image guidance in the 3D space, supporting physicians in complex structural heart procedures to decide, guide and confirm the appropriate treatment path, enabling better patient care and more cost effective care
- IntelliSpace Cardiovascular – streamlines patient information management to analyze, access and manage cardiovascular information from a single workspace – anytime.
- CORE FM and iFR Scout – reveals the physiological profile of the entire vessel for better informed treatment decisions when dealing with diffuse disease or serial lesions
- SyncVision Precision Guidance – helps reduce the risk of geographic miss, which study data suggests may occur in 66.5% of PCIs
During EuroPCR, Philips will also host a number of on-site events, including:
- Case in Point session “Strategies for complex PCI treatment: optimizing your procedural outcomes while managing costs through novel and innovative technologies” (Wednesday, May 18 from 16:30 – 18:00 CET, Room 241).
- Symposium co-hosted with Abbott Vascular discussing the controversies in intervention and imaging (Wednesday, May 18 from 16:30 – 18:00 CET, Theatre Havane)
- Training Village with daily opportunities for hands-on experience and live demonstrations of key Philips Volcano technology, including an interactive cath lab, through virtual reality