Colony-stimulating factors, or CSFs, can be described as growth factors that trigger the clonal growth of hematopoietic progenitors. Although all CSFs tend to regulate myeloid cell numbers, each exhibits a level of specificity to its target cells and effects.
Researchers show more and more interest in targeting these CSFs in inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, as well as cancer.
The CSF family includes the following:
- Macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF/CSF1) that binds to the homodimeric CSF1 receptor (CSF1R/CD115) to control the proliferation, survival, differentiation and function of myeloid lineage cells. Modifications in CSF1R/CD115 have been related to cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF/CSF2) that binds to the GM‑CSF receptor (GM-CSFR/CD116) — that contains an exclusive α‑chain (CSF2RA) and the common β subunit (CSF2RB/CD131) — to induce the maturation of stem cells and the differentiation of monocytes and granulocytes.
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF/CSF3) that binds to the homodimeric G-CSF receptor (G-CSFR/CD114) to trigger all cells in the granulocyte lineage. It has been linked to neutropenia, acute myeloid leukemia and bone marrow transplants.
- Multiple colony-stimulating factor or interleukin 3 (IL-3) that binds to the IL-3 receptor (IL-3R), which contains an exclusive α‑chain (IL3RA) paired with the common β subunit (CD131). The GM-CSF and IL-5 receptors share the common beta subunit. IL-3 induces the growth of immature progenitor cells of all myeloid lineages and has been linked to autoimmune diseases.
CSF family ligands and receptors
Sino Biological has come up with high-activity CSF ligand and receptor proteins from different species to help investigate the biology of CSFs and receptors. The company has also created various functional isoforms for them.
Activity validated by cell proliferation assay
Cell Proliferation Assay Using TF-1 Human Erythroleukemic Cells. Image Credit: Sino Biological Inc.
Cell Proliferation Assay Using M‑NFS‑60 Mouse Myelogenous Leukemia Lymphoblast Cells. Image Credit: Sino Biological Inc.
CSF family ligands
- 10007-H01H: Human G-CSF/CSF3; Fc Tag
- 10007-HNAH: Human G-CSF/CSF3; Isoform b
- 10015-H07H: Human GM-CSF/CSF2; His Tag
- 11792-HNAH: Human M-CSF/CSF1
- 11858-H08B: Human IL-3; His Tag
- 51048-M01H: Mouse GM-CSF/CSF2; Fc Tag
- 51066-MNAH: Mouse IL-3
- 51112-M08H: Mouse M-CSF/CSF1; His Tag
- 80020-R07H: Rat GM-CSF/CSF2; His Tag
- 80235-R08B: Rat IL-3; His Tag
- 90029-C02H: Cynomolgus M-CSF/CSF1; Fc Tag
More proteins of CSF family ligands
CSF family receptors
- 10161-HCCH: Human CSF1R/CD115
- 10161-H08H1: Human CSF1R/CD115; Domain I&II&III
- 10161-H08H3: Human CSF1R/CD115; Domain Ⅳ&Ⅴ
- 10218-HCCH: Human G-CSFR/CD114
- 10516-H08H: Human CSF2RB/CD131; His Tag
- 10518-H02H: Human IL3RA/CD123; Fc Tag
- 10701-H02H: Human CSF2RA/CD116; Fc Tag
- 70077-D08H: Canine IL3RA/CD123; His Tag
- 50059-M08H: Mouse CSF1R/CD115; His Tag
- 50810-M08H: Mouse IL3RA/CD123; His Tag
- 80323-R02H: Rat CSF2RB/CD131; Fc Tag
- 80447-R02H: Rat CSF1R/CD115; Fc Tag
More proteins of CSF family receptors
Sino Biological has developed a comprehensive panel of antibodies targeting CSF growth factors and receptors, which can be used in FCM, ELISA and WB. Human and mouse CSF ELISA kits and ELISA pair sets are also available.
Antibody list of CSFs and CSFR
About Sino Biological Inc.
Sino Biological is an international reagent supplier and service provider. The company specializes in recombinant protein production and antibody development. All of Sino Biological's products are independently developed and produced, including recombinant proteins, antibodies and cDNA clones. Sino Biological is the researchers' one-stop technical services shop for the advanced technology platforms they need to make advancements. In addition, Sino Biological offers pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology firms pre-clinical production technology services for hundreds of monoclonal antibody drug candidates.
Sino Biological's core business
Sino Biological is committed to providing high-quality recombinant protein and antibody reagents and to being a one-stop technical services shop for life science researchers around the world. All of our products are independently developed and produced. In addition, we offer pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology firms pre-clinical production technology services for hundreds of monoclonal antibody drug candidates. Our product quality control indicators meet rigorous requirements for clinical use samples. It takes only a few weeks for us to produce 1 to 30 grams of purified monoclonal antibody from gene sequencing.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.