Colony-stimulating factors (CSFs) are growth factors stimulating the clonal growth of hematopoietic progenitors. CSFs control myeloid cell numbers; however, each one showcases a level of specificity to its target cells and effects.
The interest in targeting these CSFs in autoimmune disorders, inflammatory conditions and cancer is growing.
The CSF family includes the following:
- Macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF/CSF1): The M-CSF/CSF1 attaches to the homodimeric CSF1 receptor (CSF1R/CD115) to regulate the survival, proliferation, differentiation and function of myeloid lineage cells. Changes in CSF1R/CD115 have been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF/CSF2): The GM-CSF/CSF2 attaches to the GM‑CSF receptor (GM-CSFR/CD116) that contains a unique α‑chain (CSF2RA) and the common β subunit (CSF2RB/CD131), to instigate the maturation of stem cells and the differentiation of monocytes and granulocytes.
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF/CSF3): The G-CSF/CSF3 attaches to the homodimeric G-CSF receptor (G-CSFR/CD114) to induce all cells in the granulocyte lineage. It is associated with bone marrow transplants, neutropenia and acute myeloid leukemia.
- Multiple colony-stimulating factor or interleukin 3 (IL-3): IL-3 attaches to the IL-3 receptor (IL-3R) that contains a unique α‑chain (IL3RA) paired with the common β subunit (CD131). The common beta subunit is shared with IL-5 receptors and GM-CSF. IL-3 triggers the proliferation of immature progenitor cells of entire myeloid lineages. It is related to autoimmune diseases.
CSF family ligands and receptors
Sino Biological has created superior activity CSF ligand and receptor proteins from numerous species to help explore the biology of CSFs and receptors. Sino Biological also develops various functional isoforms for them.
Activity validated by cell proliferation assay
Cell proliferation assay using TF-1 human erythroleukemic cells. Image Credit: Sino Biological Inc.
Cell proliferation assay using M‑NFS‑60 mouse myelogenous leukemia lymphoblast cells. Image Credit: Sino Biological Inc.
CSF family ligands
- 10015-H07H: Human GM-CSF/CSF2; His Tag
- 10007-H01H: Human G-CSF/CSF3; Fc Tag
- 11858-H08B: Human IL-3; His Tag
- 11792-HNAH: Human M-CSF/CSF1
- 51048-M01H: Mouse GM-CSF/CSF2; Fc Tag
- 51066-MNAH: Mouse IL-3
- 51112-M08H: Mouse M-CSF/CSF1; His Tag
- 80020-R07H: Rat GM-CSF/CSF2; His Tag
- 90029-C02H: Cynomolgus M-CSF/CSF1; Fc Tag
- 10007-HNAH: Human G-CSF/CSF3; Isoform b
- 80235-R08B: Rat IL-3; His Tag
More proteins of CSF family ligands
More proteins of CSF family receptors
Sino Biological has come up with an extensive panel of antibodies targeting CSF growth factors and receptors, which can be employed in ELISA, WB and FCM. Human and mouse CSF ELISA kits and ELISA pair sets can also be obtained.
Sino Biological, Inc.
Video credit: Sino Biological