Interleukin-1 beta (IL1 beta or IL1B), also called catabolin, belongs to the interleukin 1 cytokine family, which are pleiotropic cytokines. It plays a role in cell growth, inflammatory response and tissue repair in the cortex.
The IL1 superfamily includes three members: IL1 alpha (IL1A), IL1 beta (IL1B) and IL1 receptor antagonist (IL1Ra). Clinically, Interleukin (IL)-1 may impact Th1/Th2 immune responsiveness and has been associated with the establishment of a successful pregnancy.
Proinflammatory interleukin (IL)-1 gene polymorphisms linked with high levels of IL-1beta activity elevate the risk of distal gastric carcinoma and hypochlorhydria. IL1B polymorphisms might be involved in vulnerability to systemic sclerosis (SSc). Additionally, the IL2-384-G allele might be a marker for the limited phenotype of SSc.
Recombinant IL-1 Beta Protein, Human: Product Information
- Purity: > 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin: Please contact us for more information.
- Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized Human IL-1 beta (Cat:10139-HNAE) at 2 μg/ml (100 μl/well) can bind Human IL1R2 hFc(Cat:10111-H02H), the EC50 of Human IL1R2 hFc is 150-600 ng/mL.
- Measured in a cell proliferation assay using D10.G4.1 mouse helper T cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 2-8 pg/mL.
- Measured by its ability to induce Interferon gamma secretion by human natural killer lymphoma NK-92 cells. The ED50 for this effect is 0.4-2 ng/mL.
- Using the Octet RED System, the affinity constant (Kd) of IL1R2 Protein, Human, Recombinant (Fc Tag) (Cat. 10111-H02H) bound IL-1 beta Protein, Human, Recombinant (Cat. 10139-HNAE) was 6.0 nM.Quantified by its potential to activate Interferon gamma secretion by human natural killer lymphoma NK-92 cells. The ED50 for this impact is normally 6 to 30 ng/mL.
- Protein Construction: A DNA sequence encoding the mature form of human IL1β (NP_000567.1) (Ala 117-Ser 269) was expressed.
- Accession#: NP_000567.1
- Expressed host: E. coli
- Species: Human
- Predicted N Terminal: Met
- Molecule Mass: The recombinant human IL1β consisting of 154 amino acids migrates with an apparent molecular mass of 17 kDa as estimated in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
- Lyophilized from sterile PBS and pH 7.4
- Users should contact Sino Biological for any concerns or special needs
- Typically, 0.01% Tween80, 5% to 8% trehalose and mannitol are added as protectants prior to lyophilization
- Customers can refer to the particular buffer information in the hard copy of CoA.
- Shipping: Normally, recombinant proteins are offered as lyophilized powders shipped at ambient temperature. Huge packages of recombinant proteins are shipped as frozen liquid. They are shipped out with blue ice unless specified otherwise by customers.
- Stability and storage
- Samples are stable for up to a time of 12 months from date of receipt at −2 ℃ to −80 ℃
- Users can store the samples under sterile conditions at temperatures ranging from −20 ℃ to −80 ℃. It is suggested that the protein should be aliquoted for ideal storage. Recurrent freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided.
- Reconstitution: A hardcopy of COA with reconstitution instruction is sent together with the products. Users should refer to it for elaborate information.
- Kim SH, et al. (2008) Association of -31TC and -511 CT polymorphisms in the interleukin 1 beta (IL1B) promoter in Korean keratoconus patients. Mol Vis. 14:2109-16.
- Wang ZC, et al. (2002) T helper 1-type immunity to trophoblast antigens in women with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss is associated with polymorphism of the IL1B promoter region. Genes Immun. 3(1): 38-42.
- Mattuzzi S, et al. (2007) Association of polymorphisms in the IL1B and IL2 genes with susceptibility and severity of systemic sclerosis. J Rheumatol. 34(5): 997-1004.