Interleukin 6 (IL6, also referred to as IFNB2, IFN-beta-2, BSF2, BSF-2, IL-6, HSF, HGF and CDF) is found on the chromosome 7p15.3
Interleukin 6 is conserved in Rhesus monkeys, chimpanzees, chickens, rats, mice and dogs. The gene creates a 23718 Da protein made up of a total of 212 amino acids.
As a multifunctional α-helical cytokine, IL6 mediates the growth and differentiation of cells in numerous tissues, which is specifically known for its role in acute phase reactions and the immune response. IL6 plays a crucial role in guiding the change from innate to acquired immunity.
All IL-6 reagents
Table 1. Source: Sino Biological Inc.
||IL-6 Protein (5)
||Recombinant IL-6 proteins are expressed by E. coli with fusion tags as Native.
||IL-6 Antibody (26)
||IL-6 antibodies are validated with different applications, which are ELISA, Neutralization, WB, IP, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), IHC-P.
||IL-6 ELISA Kit (2)
||IL-6 ELISA Kits are quality controlled by 8 internation QC standards which guarantee every ELISA Kit with high quality.
||IL-6 cDNA Clone (66)
||IL-6 cDNA clones are full length sequence confirmed and expression validated. There are 13 kinds of tags for each IL-6 of different species, especially GFP tag, OFP tag, FLAG tag and so on. There are three kinds of vectors for choice, cloning vector, expression vector and lentivrial expression vector.
||IL-6 qPCR Primer (3)
||Verified forward and reverse primers for analyzing the quantitative expression of gene. The primer mix has been verified to generate satisfactory qPCR data on Roche LightCycler480.
||IL-6 IP Kit (1)
||The Anti-IL-6 magnetic Beads, conjugated with Anti-IL-6 antibody, are used for immuneprecipitation (IP) of IL-6 proteins which expressed in vitro expression systems.
Recombinant IL-6 protein, Human: Product Information
Cat#: 10395-HNAE. Expression host: E. coli.
Image Credit: Sino Biological Inc.
- Purity: > 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin: Please contact Sino Biological for more information.
- Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized recombinant human IL-6 at 8 μg/ml (100 μl/well) can bind recombinant human IL6R with a linear range of 1.25-20.0 ng/mL.
- Measured in a cell proliferation assay using TF-1 human erythroleukemic cells. The ED50 for this effect is 0.2-0.8 ng/mL.
- Protein Construction: A DNA sequence encoding the mature form of human IL6 (NP_000591.1) (Val30-Met212) was expressed with the initial Met at the N-terminus
- Accession#: NP_000591.1
- Expressed host: E. coli
- Species: Human
- Predicted N Terminal: Met
- Molecule Mass: The recombinant human IL6 consisting of 184 amino acids migrates with an apparent molecular mass of 20.95 kDa as estimated in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
- Lyophilized from sterile PBS and pH 7.4
- Users should contact Sino Biological for any concerns or special needs
- Typically, 0.01% Tween80, 5% to 8% trehalose, and mannitol are added as protectants prior to lyophilization
- Shipping: Normally, recombinant proteins are offered as lyophilized powders shipped at ambient temperature. Huge packages of recombinant proteins are shipped as frozen liquid. They are shipped out with blue ice unless specified otherwise by customers.
- Stability and storage
- Samples are stable for up to a time of 12 months from date of receipt at −20 ℃ to −80 ℃
- Users can store the samples under sterile conditions at temperatures ranging from −20 ℃ to −80 ℃. It is suggested that the protein should be aliquoted for ideal storage. Recurrent freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided.
- Reconstitution: A hardcopy of COA with reconstitution instruction is sent together with the products. Users should refer to it for elaborate information.
As a multifunctional α-helical cytokine, Interleukin-6 (IL-6) controls the growth and differentiation of cells in numerous tissues. It is specifically known for its role in acute phase reactions and the immune response.
The IL-6 protein is produced by different types of cells, such as macrophages and T cells as a phosphorylated and unevenly glycosylated molecule. It applies actions via its heterodimeric receptor made up of IL-6R that does not contain the tyrosine/kinase domain and attaches IL-6 with low affinity.
The glycoprotein 130 (gp130) is universally expressed and attaches the IL-6. IL-6R complex has excellent affinity and thus transduces signals.
IL-6 plays a key role in bone metabolism, hematopoiesis, and cancer development, and has been defined as a crucial factor in guiding the change from innate to acquired immunity.
- Heinrich PC, et al. (2003). Principles of interleukin-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulation. Biochem J. 374: 1-20.
- Rose-John S, et al. (2007) The IL-6/sIL-6R complex as a novel target for therapeutic approaches. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 11(5): 613-24.
- Dinh W, et al. (2009) Elevated plasma levels of TNF-alpha and interleukin-6 in patients with diastolic dysfunction and glucose metabolism disorders. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 8:58.