Pharmacokinetics is the science of the behavior of drugs in the body with respect to time; it considers the rate of drug absorption and distribution, and the subsequent metabolism and excretion of drugs.
Anti-PEG RabMAb Primary Antibodies
To determine the effectiveness of using Anti-PEG RabMAb primary antibodies to observe the time-dependent metabolism of a PEGylated antigen in vivo the following protocol was carried out:
- 100 µg of an antigen (mouse IgG-PEG) was intraperitineally injected into a rat
- Following injection blood samples were taken from the rat following 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 10, 24, and 28 hours
- The antiserum was isolated from the blood samples and then tested, using an ELISA assay with an Anti-PEG RabMAb primary antibody, to determine the concentration of immunoglobulin
- PEG-HRP and the antiserum were added to a 96-well plate, which was coated in 5 µg mL-1 of Anti-PEG RabMAb primary antibody (ab51257, clone: PEG-B-47)
- The concentration over time of IgG-PEG in the injected rat was determined by quantification of the IgG concentrations in the antiserum alongside a correlation curve produced using the IgG-PEG + HRP-PEG competitive assay (Figures 1 and 2)
As shown below Anti-PEG RabMAb primary antibodies facilitate the accurate quantification of molecules of interest, allowing the pharmacokinetics of PEGylated drugs, molecules or antigens in vivo to be determined (Figure 2).
Figure 1. Mouse IgG-PEG and PEG-HRP competitive ELISA assay using varying amounts of IgG-PEG and PEG-HRP at a dilution factor of 1:30,000.
Figure 2. Mouse IgG-PEG concentration (ug/mL) detected in antiserum at times points (h) post injection using 5 ug/mL Anti-PEG RabMAb primary antibody (ab51257, clone: PEG-B-47)
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.
Abcam’s mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Abcam’s ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.