Thermo Scientific* Cryotome FSE Cryostat is a fifth-generation instrument adapted to multiple users and samples.
The Cryotome FSE Cryostat offers built-in operator comfort, reduced turnaround time with rapid temperature response, and peace of mind with reliable and safe performance.
Spacious, easy-to-clean chamber, colored cryocassettes, and a superior knife holder design allow the user to easily obtain quickly identifiable frozen sections. Produces high-quality frozen sections with less fatigue.
- Microtome outside of the cryochamber—easier and quicker to clean
- Lateral movement of blade holder eliminates need to unclamp and re-clamp blade, maximizing blade usage
- Section thickness adjustment: 1 to 20µm in 1µm increments, 20 to 60µm in 5µm increments
- Spacious chamber, with temperature controlled from 0° to -35°C
- Cryobar with adjustable temperature controls and dedicated cryobar refrigeration system (to -55°C) rapidly cools specimen to prevent freezing artifact
- Rapid temperature response reduces turnaround time; cools rapidly from ambient to set temperature in as little as two hours
- Automatic formalin fumigation cycle disinfects cryochamber
- Positive-locking flywheel prevents injury while working around blade and specimen
- Specimen holder temperature control, allowing enhanced sectioning of a variety of tissue types (0° to 45°C, within ±10°C of chamber temperature)