The Fisher Scientific™ Abbe Bench-top Refractometer measures refractive indices of liquid and solid samples at D-line (589nm), featuring a combination of the Brix and refractive index (nD) scales.
Abbe refractometers are named after Ernst Abbe, who invented the first refractometer in the 19th century. Despite the emergence of modern-day digital models, these original refractometers remain irreplaceable due to their unique ability to measure solid samples, such as film, glass, and other transparent materials.
- Connect a circulating water bath for temperature control
- Calibrate with distilled water for liquid sample measurement and test piece + contact liquid for solid sample measurement
- Find average dispersion values and Abbe numbers
- User-replaceable prisms, light source bulb, thermo-sensor unit, and desiccant
Includes: Abbe refractometer, Digital thermometer, AC power cable, Lamb cable, LED light source with 3 bulbs, Screwdriver for calibration, Test piece for calibration for solid sample measurement, Contact liquid (monobromonaphthalene) for calibration for solid sample measurement, Screwdriver for prism replacement, Milky-white reflector for solid sample measurement, Cable ties for water bath connection, Instruction manual, Inspection certificate, Test report
- Refractive Index: 1.3000-1.7000 (±0.0002)
- Brix: 0.0-95.0% (±0.1%)
- Digital Thermometer: 0.0-50.0 °C (±0.2 °C)
- Light Source: LED
- Power Supply: AC100-240 V, 50/60 Hz